• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurentius
    Iowa rocks!
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
      It was much like the historic Route 66, from Chicago down through Illinois, via St. Louis to Oklahoma and then pretty much straight West until I passed Las Vegas and entered California, then I left "Route 66" and went to San Francisco instead of L.A.

I met with Ming in Chicago, and Sten Sture, pchang and mindseye in San Francisco.

The vacation of my life it was. And I'll always remember how you and others helped with advice of where to go and what to see. I was originally inclined to take the Northern route through Minnesota, Dakotas, Wyoming, Idaho, but now I'm glad you talked me out of it.
      My wife is flattered you remembered us. She told me to tell you that when we get some more disposable income, we will return the favor and visit you. BTW, our son is now 5
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I especially remember your wife.

We had a great time that day, one of, I have to say many, highlights of my trip! And if you ever get to Denmark, I'll do what I can to show you around. Although I may not be living in Copenhagen by then, but we'll see.

Say Hi to the family from the guy with the funny accent.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
          The ladies in Kaya are hot.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

You sound like Ted Striker, dude.
            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
            *****Citizen of the Hive****
            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I vote for the south pole.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                You sound like Ted Striker, dude.
                He's quite the trendsetter.

Ted
                Hitting Britney
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                  I was planning to go to Burkina Faso at some point...

I think of those, Easter Island wins on practicality, but Petropavlovsk wins on distance-from-nearest-Apolytonner.
                  It's only 1500 km or so from Japan, and less than that from Alaska

Nuuk, Greenland manages about that from the nearest Newfoundland apolytoner

Even better would be Alert on Ellesmere island in Canada

It's over 1600 km from there to Barrow, Alaska where space used to live. Now that he's moved to Arizona Alert is probably ~3000 km from the nearest Apolytoner.

It's only reachable by military transport and is frozen in 10 months of the year...
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I thought Arctica was a neutral continent simply because every single country said no one could lay claim to it?

Anyone who lays claim to Arctica (and therefore Antarctica) should be shot. But oh well...what do I know?

I'm only acting on common sense...
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

wtf is Arctica?
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard

Whats wrong with Iowa?
                          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Originally posted by laurentius
                            Whats wrong with Iowa?
                            Its only redeeming quality is that it has MrFun in it.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Really? Then why am I going there next August?
                              Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Anyone thought of this place? Chances are DanS will be hosting:
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X