10 most leftish posters of Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bosh

Hmmm, sorry for the triple post but are you implying that every social system in which the peasants do not own their own land must necessarily be communist. That would be a very strange arguement.
    No, but I am saying that about a particular system where the peasants CAN'T own the land.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• No, I am arguing that NONE have worked. There is a difference. Do try to keep up.

I'm more than capable of keeping up with an amateur like you. In fact you're flat wrong again – the term "work" is vague. Plenty of good and bad came from the USSR. They put the first man into space among other things and managed to drag millions of people out of ignorance and make their society a first rank world power for half a century.

Of course plenty of bad **** happened, but I can't think of any empire (if you don't mind the term) that has not built itself up upon human misery. In fact that's what I find most objectionable about the USSR.

But in any case, the fact that the few experiments so far conducted haven't worked gives no reason to think alternatives won't. In fact it doesn't touch my own theory at all, since I hold that a communist society both requires and is necessitated by a certain level of technology.

I could quite happily agree with you, but it makes absolutely no difference. Your line of reasoning is still a turd.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• This is a bit like your "Saddam Hussein is an unpredicatable, psychotic maniac" argument. Well, it would be generous to call it an argument, since you just spent the thread repeating variations of "but he is" without providing any substance.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I see. Your communism requires Star Trek. Matter replicators and all that. Very good. Let me be the first to agree that 'to each' and all that is very easy in that case.

However, let us know when you turn the TV off and come down to Earth so that we may discuss reality. OK?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• No, but I am saying that about a particular system where the peasants CAN'T own the land.

So feudalism is communism now. My education continues apace.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I see. Your communism requires Star Trek. Matter replicators and all that. Very good. Let me be the first to agree that 'to each' and all that is very easy in that case.

However, let us know when you turn the TV off and come down to Earth so that we may discuss reality. OK?

And there's another classic NYE move – a straw man. I have made no such claims.

You must do better.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                No, but I am saying that about a particular system where the peasants CAN'T own the land.

So feudalism is communism now. My education continues apace.
                At the very least your insipid comments do.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
                  I see. Your communism requires Star Trek. Matter replicators and all that. Very good. Let me be the first to agree that 'to each' and all that is very easy in that case.

And there's another classic NYE move – a straw man. I have made no such claims.

You must do better.
                  OK. Please show me the promised land, and when it will be possible.

Go ahead.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• At least your insipid comments do.

You're such a blowhard.

OK. Please show me the promised land, and when it will be possible.

I've told you that I think that AI will cause the labour market to collapse. Of course that kind of AI might not be possible or economical, but current trends indicate the opposite. I've also pointed out that I believe that IT removes the major informational barrier to a planned economy.

Would you care to offer up some reasonable counter, or will you just continue to fling that good old Alberta cow dung?
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Tsk, tsk. Getting all personal. It really does not befit a master of your calibre when addressing a mere peon like me.

But anyway, you think IT and AI will lead to a life of leisure. Maybe for some, but where do the materials come from? The food?

Lay out more of your vision of utopia. I would be happy to hear the tales of such weal.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

• Looks like the "left" thread has three times the posts of the "right" thread.
                        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                        2004 Presidential Candidate
                        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

• Tsk, tsk. Getting all personal. It really does not befit a master of your calibre when addressing a mere peon like me.

That's the best you can do? Jesus..

But anyway, you think IT and AI will lead to a life of leisure. Maybe for some, but where do the materials come from? The food?

Why don't you bother reading it again. What does it mean to say that AI will result in a collapse of the labour market? Gee... I dunno....

Lay out more of your vision of utopia. I would be happy to hear the tales of such weal

Why should I bother? It's painfully evident that you've run out of gas at the very first hurdle (yet again, I might add) and you're just hoping that I might trip up so you can save face. Sorry – no sale.

Either respond to the original comment, or leave in shame.

But it's late here in civilized regions of the earth, so these jolly japes will have to wait until tomorrow.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I don't think you can say anything other than 'AI and IT will be the salvation of Marx.'

Go ahead. Prove me wrong. Explain it.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• For someone who spends 90% of their time making speculative and strawman posts, you don't have much room to talk.
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Incidently, Boshko was discussing what was and is, not some fanciful will be.

I can understand that you do not want to discuss what is, but that you would rather dwell in science fiction.

However, fiction it will remain.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X