Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does anyone make of this news article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: What does anyone make of this news article?

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

That dropping a grenade or ten in that hole Saddam was hiding in would have been a simpler, better solution, and that we should have seen to it that somebody took out that mother****er al Sadr.

The rest of it is the obvious jockeying by different Shiite and Sunni factions who have no intention of participating as minority groups in a parliamentary democracy

I agree
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Najaf is a Sadrist stronghold. Sadr is pretty far down the pecking order of mullahs but he's hoping he can start a revolution against the US and that he'll go from being a third tier mullah to the big Cheese through armed violence the way Khomeni did in Iran.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I thought that the Iraqis were going to throw flowers at the Americans.

What happened to that?
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

The pictures were supposed to be clips from security monitoring cameras. Anyone working security there could have done it. I'm in favor of arresting the fool for violating the Geneva Convention.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Re: What does anyone make of this news article?

Originally posted by MrFun
            More Unrest in Iraq

I've made myself a modish hat, a nest of occasional tables, and some macrame potholders.

If I'd had some more asafoetida you could have had a curry sauce too.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: Re: What does anyone make of this news article?

Originally posted by molly bloom

I've made myself a modish hat, a nest of occasional tables, and some macrame potholders.

If I'd had some more asafoetida you could have had a curry sauce too.

huh?
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Anything is good with plenty of hot curry.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Re: Re: Re: What does anyone make of this news article?

Originally posted by MrFun

huh?

It was a joke Mr No Fun At All......sheesh.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                  X