Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More unbelievable garbage from Faux News.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, your point was a crock of crap. There are more people with jobs now versus then. End of story.

You're so full of ****. There are more people without jobs now versus then.

You ****ing sophist.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Hmmmm.... maybe this discussion should be toned down a notch...

Let's discuss the topic and remove the personal stuff
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hey! I winked!!!
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
          Hey! I winked!!!
          That wasn't enough. You should also have attributed the or smiley to your post
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Spif, do you get FOX news in Fwance or do you have to put up with the Communist News Network's lefty dis-information campaign?
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I don't think we have Fox. Last time I peeked at the American channels (quite some time ago) on sat, I remember we had CNN, NBC and Bloomberg (and non-info channels such as Travel or ESPN). I'm not an expert however, since I almost never watch TV.

The mainstream TV-radio media tends to be very supportive of the political establishment, center-left and center right. The 1st channel is more pro-right, and the 2nd channel used to be more pro-left. But in any case, they're never too harsh against the establishment, and the 2nd (public) channel has stopped its pro-left leaning a few months after Chirac's victory. I guess the government cleaned house.

The printed press is on the center-left more often than not., but they have far less impact than TV.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Too bad, FOX is fair and balanced, unlike CNN which is so far left I have to readjust the picture in order to watch.

Anyway, go with the 1st channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Anyway, go with the 1st channel.
                  Sorry. I can't stand their reeking demagogery.

Comment

YOu see, this is why Fox isn't even News. You don't take a person, then bash them in what seems to be an opinion piece while it says news in the screen the same time. BEcause, then it suddenly becomes a fact in meathead minds, and that's not good, because it's not a fact yet. News are supposed to deliver facts though, so it gets confusing, which is not what news is about.

If you see these and do not have any weird feeling about it, it means you have no hope. Sorry, that's the way it is.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka, it's important to get your news from more than one source. For instance I listen to Rush as well.

Comment

Yes, but what are you trying to say. I know what you are saying, but it doesn't really change what I said already. Opinions != news. Opinions are part of what is News Entertainment, however News Entertainment != News.

IF there should be opinions etc mixed in, it should be.. there should be clear warnings and signs and tune playing and text saying 'AND NOW from News to Entertainment, let's see what Mr X has to say about...' ... etc.

TO mix it up smoothly is .. simply a crime. A moral crime. And I realize many do this, not just Fox. Fox is just the worst of all. You have a problem when you have to say you have leftist news and right wing news. wtf is that? There IS no left or right news. There is just news, what happens in the world isn't seen through glasses of some political ideology. They just happen, then they are just reported, period, end of story. THAT is news.

So if someone CLAIMS to be news, there should be mandatory... signs and clear ones too that says this is news, and now to entertainment. The most worrying part is that I have to actually say these trivial things to bunch of smart folks. Makes me think what the commoners think of this. Makes me believe they don't. think.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

DanS always clouds the issue and tries to use obscure stats to show that the US economy is better now then in 2000.

and now bush wants to slap tariffs on china. so much for being a free trader. so much for being for open markets and free trade. just like reagan, republicans have no moral values, no principals. everything is negociable, everyone is useable. they play both ends against the middle.
                          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

commoners?

that's elitist leftist thinking for ya...

you know, all of what you are saying should be leveled at cnn....but i guess biased reporting was ok when it was in favor of YOUR views...
                            While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Pekka is definitely not left wing, and I don't think he sees himself as an intellectual elite.

Comment

Spiff calls it right.

LOOKS like someone just totally bombed themselves by not getting the one point I was making. Such is the life of commoners.

In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X