Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More unbelievable garbage from Faux News.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More unbelievable garbage from Faux News.

Neil Cavuto of Faux News just got off the air doing a 15 minute piece trying to blame Alan Greenspan for Bush's failed economic policies. Cavuto was claiming that Bush's jobless recovery was all Greenspan's fault as was the current flirtations with stagflation. Cavuto even went so far as to claim that the late 90's dot com bubble was all Greenspan's fault and called on Greenspan to resign! I seem to recall Greenspan talking about irrational exuberance as early as 1996 and saying that an unsustainable bubble had formed in the tech sector which would eventually pop. I also recall Greenspan vigorously saying that tax cuts are good but only if the budget was balanced and that the US needed to become more energy efficient or face rising energy prices. Did Bush follow any of Greenspan's objective advice?

Not one bit of it! Bush ran up the biggest deficits in the history of any country on the planet (despite repeated warnings by Greenspan that this would cause the dollar to collapse and that it was just about the worst economic policy we could have), Bush didn't push for higher CAFE or energy efficiency requirements when Greenspan warned that not taking action would lead to higher gas prices, and lastly bush ignored Greenspan's warnings that the trade deficit was unsustainable. Bush took no action on any of these and that is the reason for the massive deficits and the current inflation in the energy sector.

This is just so typical of the overly politicized and nonfactually based "reporting" done by Faux News. When things don't work out and the **** hits the fan, just like every intelligent expert said it would, then Faux News, Bush, & Co try to find someone else to blame everything on. The drooling idiots who believe this crap deserve what they get.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

bush has brought this all on himself.
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

This is just like the whole oil for food thing. There is a bit of truth to it but Faux News spent two years pumping it up and ignoring that American companies along with allies like Jordan and Turkey were making far more profits then anyone else. The Bushies knew about it and pretended not to see it now they attack the UN for failing to stop it when the Bush Administration was complicitious to it all along!

If the Galloway vs Coleman debate yesterday proved one thing it is in a free fair and open debate the Republican claims get absolutely hammered. That was proven by the ass kicking Galloway gave them and by the fact that dispite all the build up the Republicans called a recess and ended the show just 10 minutes after it started. They were losing so badly they ran away after just 10 minutes when they'd requested hours of TV time.

Comment

Just the day before yesterday one of the talking heads on Faux News said, with a straight face, that the Senate was Constitutionally supposed to give its advice and consent so it was legally mandated to approve of all of George Bush's nominees!

WTF?! Where the hell do these idiots come up with this ****?

Comment

then theres the spin doctor himself, Bill O'Fearmonger, who ignores everything good that the ACLU does and REFUSES to bring libertarians onto his show, knowing that he will get hammered.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

How long before the house of cards falls?
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't get it. The economy is doing well. More people are getting jobs and unemployment is low. The deficit is decreasing.

Cavuto should be trying to apportion praise rather than blame.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

How long before the house of cards falls?

I would say "two more terms", but the Americans stupidly bar their presidents from holding power for too long
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

there should be no term limits, i agree.

Comment

If Cavuto and Krugman have similar arguments, perhaps you should listen.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                      The deficit is decreasing.
                      You mean the increase in the deficit is decreasing, don't you?
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

yeah its only $400 billion this year. Bush and the republican party are the most fiscally incompetant people on this planet. they spend like its going out of style. the spend money like they are drunk alcoholics at a bar needing to get down just one more drink. they spend money like michael jackson. and then they lie, they tell everyone that they are the fiscally responsible party.

vote lp. the only fiscally sane party in america.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Americans stupidly bar their presidents from holding power for too long
                            A result of the Right's enourmous vitriolic hate for Franklin Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                              yeah its only $400 billion this year. Bush and the republican party are the most fiscally incompetant people on this planet. they spend like its going out of style. the spend money like they are drunk alcoholics at a bar needing to get down just one more drink. they spend money like michael jackson. and then they lie, they tell everyone that they are the fiscally responsible party.
                              That is not really the party's fault, but the voter's, we like our government programs and pork, but don't like to pay the taxes to pay for them. Politicians don't want to piss off thier constituents, and borrow and spend is the result.

Comment

Working...
                              X