Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need someone to translate a bit of french.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

another rural english machine breaker, i think.
    "another"? Perhaps you should contemplate the question of the first image further.

Anyways, "captain swing" hardly sounds english... but really, I mainly want to know this spanish propaganda poster is for, why it is referancing an old english icon, and what the addition of "Capitan swing" is about.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

i only know about captain swing from reading Robert Hughes, The Fatal Shore, about the settling of Australia. Sometime in the early 19th century, 1820's maybe?, there was a rebellion in one of the regions of england, local tenant farmers went around destroying property of the local gentry. They would leave notes saying "from Captain Swing, London"
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

General Ludd, in the first post, is Don Quixote, who tilted at windmills.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

that's italian and not spanish.. you don't even have to look at the words to see this... it's obvious just by the shape

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
            i only know about captain swing from reading Robert Hughes, The Fatal Shore, about the settling of Australia. Sometime in the early 19th century, 1820's maybe?, there was a rebellion in one of the regions of england, local tenant farmers went around destroying property of the local gentry. They would leave notes saying "from Captain Swing, London"
            Interesting. I'll have to look into that.

I'm still interested in what the poster is about, though.

General Ludd, in the first post, is Don Quixote, who tilted at windmills.

Or is he.... BATMAN!

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by General Ludd

Interesting. I'll have to look into that.

You use a Norfolk Island flag, and you havent read The Fatal Shore? Have you read another history of the settlement of Australia? You do know what Norfolk Island was, dont you?

Comment

It says: "Horheehor, escargot, moulin rouge, and other naughty french words."
                Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

The Batman one say:" DunununununununnananununuanuPOWnanunaaBAMnaunanunP UNCHanunananunanunanunauanuBANGanunananunanunaKAPO Wnananun.....BATMAN!"
                  Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

Donkey Hotey?
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                    X