Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lancer
    "In Texas this is true, in Boston it may not be."

Although Mass may be the weakest link in the US, I can't imagine that rights for criminals have overcome victim's rights to this extent. You must be able to defend your life! Right?
    the key phrase in any jurisdiction is "the individual can use reasonable or equal force to defend him/herself, another person or their property"

the facts in this matter are:
    1) person 'a' gets mugged
    2) person 'a' gets weapon from mugger

The key point, from a prosecution perspective is what happened next. Did the mugger try and flee? If he did and person 'a' pursued and attacked, then it is a whole new ball game. However, if the mugger continued to attack, then it remains the same process, provided reasonable force was used to defend yourself.
    "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
    "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

• EmpFab 3:16 means "I just stabbed your ass."
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by atomant
        the key phrase in any jurisdiction is "the individual can use reasonable or equal force to defend him/herself, another person or their property"

the facts in this matter are:
        1) person 'a' gets mugged
        2) person 'a' gets weapon from mugger

The key point, from a prosecution perspective is what happened next. Did the mugger try and flee? If he did and person 'a' pursued and attacked, then it is a whole new ball game. However, if the mugger continued to attack, then it remains the same process, provided reasonable force was used to defend yourself.
        Exactly. If the mugger was subdued, then you can't knife him, whether in Mass. or Texas.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• He was a sex offender? OK, the next time they question you be sure to add that he kept referring to you as "My pretty Billy boy" and reached for your crotch.

No, not really.
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
          X