Verres can't drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verres can't drink

This is the worst thing to ever happen to me. No alcohol. Ever.

Actually, I have just been told to be very very careful. But that amounts to the same thing doesn't it? I have also been warned off paracetamol and ibuprofen for the rest of my life.

I'm not even 20 yet have significantly reduced my life expectancy through one moment of stupidity. What else can I say, people of apolyton? Don't even try it. Nothing quite like permanent liver damage to make you really want to live again.
    Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Next thing you know you're going to be drunk and hitting it in the back of a hatchback.
    Last edited by Dinner; May 14, 2005, 01:24.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am sorry, that's absolutely horrible. What an awful thing to happen to your social life.

Well, maybe your friends will like you more if you work as the Designated Driver.
      "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Is alchohol REALLY that important anyway?
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yes
          Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

No! The best men don't drink much.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I'm female.....and it would at least be nice to be given the choice.

Comment

Lots of people are in your boat Verres. I'm diabetic and have learned not to drink. My wife is what really matters to me, and the family and our friends. Mind altering chemicals like alcohol just make you feel like crap in the end anyway.

Comment

Ahh, choice. Seems it's a luxury in stuff like this where one expects it's a right.

Comment

Just for the record, I've been diabetic for over 10 years and it never got in the way of me drinking.

I am not saying choice is a right at all, and I am well aware a lot of people cannot drink through no fault of their own and I am in no position to complain, I just wanted to express a)how stupid I've been and b)what a crap thing it is to do.

Comment

Screw the alcohol, how have you "significantly reduced [your] life expectancy through one moment of stupidity"?

Verres, are you ok?
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Doh, good question. What happened?

Comment

Ah yes, I am fine in the immediate sense of the word.

Despite failing miserably in my latest suicide attempt , I have been informed my liver is not in a good way. I have to go back and get it checked in 6 months to see about any 'changes'. I only just got back form hospital so am a little shaken, so forgive me for my bluntness.

As I said....really, if you want to kill youself, blow your head off or something. OD's are the most stupid, stupid thing in the world.

Comment

Why would you do something like that Verres?

Comment

That's not for me to answer. I don't tell the real world about my, ahem, shakey mental state so, unlike some, was never one to come on here and complain about problems with medication/feelings of hoplessness etc.

I shall not be doing it again in a hurry though. Yes, I am still far from happy but until there is a failsafe methid, suicide is not an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X