Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about World's Strongest Man competitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does one eat to become so powerful? It can't be normal food. What happens to them when they stop doing the sport?

They're scary. I mean, a guy like that is someone you don't want to piss off. I can't even imagine how I could hurt a beast like that. Guns maybe... yeah, guns!

Comment

I don't know what they eat.. most of them are just naturally big I guess, and many of them I guess have juiced up a bit. When they stop, who knows.. die of early age?

And yeah I wouldn't want to start any mama jokes with those guys, even though I would beat them down if they came one at a time.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Geoff Capes!

World's strongest man twice. I think he was runner-up four times as well. I believe he still holds the record for the greatest weight ever lifted in the contest.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

These competitions are awesome.

And yeah, I don't understand why the Northerners are always so strong at it.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Any strong man contest where an Icelander doesn't win is obviously and blatantly rigged. The rest are just rigged.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
              These competitions are awesome.

And yeah, I don't understand why the Northerners are always so strong at it.
              Because weightlifting is an indoor sport, one that is well-suited towards climates with 10 months of snow?

It's just a guess, but I think the inability to do outdoor sports for long periods each year probably has something to do with it.

Comment

.....strangely arrousing.....

Imho it used to be better when there was much less drug assisted bodybuilding in the contestants(geof capes for example was just a huge strong freak), and the Icelandic guys usualy have a strong tradition of being strong naturaly.

Now they all look like they eat creatin for breakfast and spend half the year doped up on steroids
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I don't participate anymore. It was boring....no real competition
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

.....strangely arrousing.....

Imho it used to be better when there was much less drug assisted bodybuilding in the contestants(geof capes for example was just a huge strong freak), and the Icelandic guys usualy have a strong tradition of being strong naturaly.

Now they all look like they eat creatin for breakfast and spend half the year doped up on steroids
                    The competition has changed over the years- the weights are lighter and there's more emphasis on speed and endurance. That means you get more "Muscle Mary" gym queens than the old behemoths like Geoff Capes and Bill Kazmeier.
                    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                    X