Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about World's Strongest Man competitions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about World's Strongest Man competitions?

I've just seen one on Eurosport (under 105 kilos) and it was great. I broke my computer, well... I broke the water pump so now I can only have it on for 15 minutes until it reaches 70 C ... so was pissed off, threw some music on IPod Shuffle and turned on the TV... and whoah, great stuff.

The Finns really kicked ass, taking all three podium places

Aki Kathamajaki (my spelling is probably wrong) was my favourite, being the shortest. However another guy took it.

Anyway, how come on these competitions you always see northeners? I've never seen an Italian, a Greek or a Spaniard. Nor a Frenchman. How come? Why are these weird sports popular in the north and nowhere else? They are weird mind you.

Anyway, I've gotta run. My computer ovrheated again.

If Pekka isn't in it, who cares?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I went to school with Magnus Samuelsson's sister-in-law right here in Reno. She's going to school in San Fransisco now. I miss her.
      Last edited by DRoseDARs; May 13, 2005, 22:11.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Scandinavians, Russians, Finns, sometimes Turks always seem to excel at sports involving huge amounts of pure strength.

Wrestling, weightlifting and so forth are all dominated by Northern countries.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

VetLegion, I don't know why.. northeners are usually well represented and they usually win it. Maybe it's just more popular in here. But it's really not that popular in here either.. I guess it's more popular than elsewhere then. There has been some traditions there so it's easier for people to start doing it since they have the right people to work with.. the initial success breeds more success type of thing.

Yeah and those dudes are CRAZY strong.

Actually one guy, Jouko Ahola, who won it pretty impressively in the late 90s is now doing movies, he is in the Kingdom of Heaven, the big strong dude, supposedly has some OK action scene. He was also in the invincible, supposedly a good movie and a good role.
          Attached Files
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

as you see, he looks normal, which is good. I hate those dudes who have these beast of guts and stuff hanging. I like it more when guys are showing pure strength and are in great shape, cardio as well, not just some 800 pound dude lifting what to him is a bucket of food.

as you see in this pic, he has crazy strength, pretty big muscles too but he's still in the range of a normal person, and not these bulldozer types who look like bulldogs.
            Attached Files
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

this is one of the great ones too.. magnus magnusson (?).. Swedish powerhouse... (I think, if not then from Norway).

What should be realized is, that even when these dudes look big and all that, they actually have horrible amount of strength, so yes they are extremely powerful in addition. And they have decent stamina, because the competition has different areas so it's not just one task they have to do.
              Attached Files
              In da butt.

Comment

...weightlifting...are all dominated by Northern countries.

Bulgaria!
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  Russians
                  Same thing.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

Same thing.
                    Don't say that to a Bulgarian, you might find yourself in trouble.
                    Once again...

Comment

yeah in wrestling turks are pretty good and in strength competitions. It's just too nasty to wrestle with them because they are always so hairy. The worst is seeing Turkish and Greek wrestle with combined eyebrows of two.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        yeah in wrestling turks are pretty good and in strength competitions. It's just too nasty to wrestle with them because they are always so hairy. The worst is seeing Turkish and Greek wrestle with combined eyebrows of two.
                        So I take it you are not into oiled hairy men?
                        Once again...

Comment

NO! Yeah I forgot the oiled part.. and vaseline too. omg... I mean I don't complain for small stuff but that is just disgusting.

And then they grab that towel that's in their crotch or something, wonder how that smells..
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            this is one of the great ones too.. magnus magnusson (?).. Swedish powerhouse... (I think, if not then from Norway).
                            Nope, he is from Iceland.
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Right.. sorry..
                              In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X