Super Wicked Ninja with Spam

..and Jenny
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
          FREEDOM IS SLAVERY!
          WAR IS PEACE!

Comment

USS Intrepid is a good name, but was ripped off the HMS intrepid WWII-era Destroyer
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The name sucks. Let's actually start using names that mean something.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                USS Intrepid is a good name, but was ripped off the HMS intrepid WWII-era Destroyer
                Bollocks. The earliest USS Intrepid (IIRC, there was an earlier cutter in the revolutionary war, but it wasn't a US naval cutter), was the ketch used in 1804 by Stephen Decatur to go into Tripoli harbor and take and burn the captured USS Philadelphia early in the campaign against the Barbary pirates.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

As an aside, this grew out of a idea Rummie came up with called "streetfighter", which would have been a small PC. The Navy's building these things because it's less of a waste than the original "Streetfighter" concept. IIRC, the Navy would rather spend the cash on the DD(x).
                  So these things are smaller than patrol craft? Why waste a name on them then? What sort of names are they going top start giving row boats?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                    USS Slavery
                    USS Internet!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat

Bollocks. The earliest USS Intrepid (IIRC, there was an earlier cutter in the revolutionary war, but it wasn't a US naval cutter), was the ketch used in 1804 by Stephen Decatur to go into Tripoli harbor and take and burn the captured USS Philadelphia early in the campaign against the Barbary pirates.
                      Knew I was going to catch it on that one. Had a bad feeling that I knew of earlier USS Intrepids. That's what comes of not checking up on google...
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

why not make it a plalindrom? USS SSU.. or TussU ?
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

USS Internet!
                          USS Bed, Bath, & Beyond!

Comment

USS Strong Weapons
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The enemy fleet was sunk by Freedom.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I don't think that LCS will be used for Mine warfare ops. The ships would need to be made of wood.
                                Mine warfare ships are named after birds(MHC) and different types of fightng men(Warrior, Gladiator).
                                The idea for littoral combat ships has been around for longer than the Bush/Rumsfeld administration and 9/11. The navy concept of "forward from the sea" calls for efficiency of power. When it was attacked, A DDG like the COLE could deliver Tomahawks at classified ranges and defend itself against jets and missiles. Who would have thought that it was more vulnerable to a small boat than anything else. Today, we use these same powerful ships for boarding ops and etc. This is sort of a waste. The LCS ships ultimately will allow the U.S. Navy to work more efficiently.
                                That being said, I hate the name Freedom.
                                What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                                What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

Working...
                                X