Everything Japanese!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aivo½so
    One of my friends is a Japan freak, he has learnt to speak Japanese from pirated anime videos and often starts speaking Japanese when he's drunk. I don't know Japanese myself but I've studied several languages and I've gotten the impression that he actually has learnt to express quite a lot of things simply by watching videos.
    Back in 2000 I was in Kosovo and my team's translater was a 19 year old Albanian guy who learned to speak English and French both by watching movies from those countries. He already spoke Albanian and Serbian and was teaching himself to speak Spanish when I left by watching Spanish soap operas.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I guess he didn't confess to speaking German as well?
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Wraith, great link!

I read them all!!

crazy place...

I guess I need to Kancho some people soon... with the force of "THOUSAND YEARS OF PAIN!"
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          I guess he didn't confess to speaking German as well?
          Nope, he didn't speak German.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

now that was a total miss... what is the only german genre that has export? YES!
            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith
              Ah, almost forgot a very entertaining link:

I am a Japanese School Teacher:
              This website is for sale! outpostnine.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, outpostnine.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Stories from a gaijin teaching English in Japan.
              Awesome stuff!
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Someone I know says his stories are made up. For instance, while the guy says the first 3 years "ichinensei, ninensei, and sannensei", "chyu ichi" would be what the really use to denote first-grades on high school. She also says she's never heard of anything like kancho.

Maybe one of the people living in Japan could comment on it?
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Kancho is quite real. The GF used to see it happen when she was in grade school. It suprised the hell out of her when I did it
                  If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Anata-wa manuke desu!
                    money sqrt evil;
                    My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Watashi wa Charisma-man!
                      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch
                        Kancho is quite real. The GF used to see it happen when she was in grade school. It suprised the hell out of her when I did it
                        You wouldn't happen to have a link for it?

Comment

Never mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho

Comment

Someone I know says his stories are made up. For instance, while the guy says the first 3 years "ichinensei, ninensei, and sannensei", "chyu ichi" would be what the really use to denote first-grades on high school. She also says she's never heard of anything like kancho.

Your friend is wrong on both points.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

--" "chyu ichi" would be what the really use to denote first-grades on high school."

Out of curiosity, who is this friend? I can't find any references to chyu ichi except a few names. Did she mean jyuichi? That'd be eleven, but it's both off by a year and not how the Japanese would describe it.
                              That could be a shortened form of chyugakkou no ichinensei, but that would be middle school (high school is koutougakkou).

--"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho"

I've actually heard of a video game based on this... given Katamari Damarcy, that story may be true as well.

Wraith
                              Nice little planet you've got here. Shame if something happened to it.

Comment

She's part Japanese, part Belgian (and not exactly a friend).

Comment

Working...
                                X