Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just don't touch my fanny.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I have a big-ass mechanical alarm clock which could kill a bear at 50 paces just from the shock of the sound waves, and I still can't get up on time.

edit/ But I don't have important group project things to go to, so it's all good.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I had almost the exact same thing about 7 weeks ago. The final presentation of a group project we'd been working on. I also overslept 2 hours. In my case, though, the group was only halfway through when I woke up. I called immediately to say I wasn't gonna make it (since it would take me at least an hour to get there). I hurried anyway and arrived right when everyone was leaving...

It wasn't actually too big a deal for the actual presentation. All the work had been done, and I had discussed with my partner what we would say, and we didn't have much to say anyway... But it's damn embarassing.

And yes, I do have an alarm clock, but it stopped working years ago... Not that it doesn't actually go on, just that I sleep through it. The fact that I can set both the time that the radio alarm turns on and the time that it turns off again probably doesn't help. Ever since I got it I have the habit of getting up a few minutes after it turns off. But sometimes those minutes turn into hours.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X