No announcement yet.

Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its best to conduct phone interviews when you're high, because then you understand everything
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Don't sweat it. After the huge earthquake, you can come back.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Speaking of huge earthquakes, if that's a concern I wouldn't move to St. Louis or Paducah either.

Comment

the places you are looking for work are all cheaper to live at, but the locations aren't as nice as cali can be

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Hutchinson, MN

small, but basically becoming a suburb of Minneapolis

Minneapolis is less than 1 hour away

Jon Miller
            (I could be wrong, has been 3 years since I lived there)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Minnesota also has a lot of engineering type work...

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Didn't get Cincy or Louisville... not too abashed as I fly to Minnesota on Wednesday for an interview, the Alabama folk still haven't turned me down, and I have a recruiter who actually sends me updates!?

Anyway, still applying. It's tough finding a job.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

IA gree

'JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Huntsville job got dissolved, they said something about financial reasons. That's the second time this has happen to me.

Sucks... now down to Minnesota and the other ones with which I haven't even interviewed.

Why is my life putting so much pressure on that MN job?
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Wish me luck

I leave tomorrow for the interview

I'm rather nervous
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

good luck

I have been just working on grading and a take home test

tomorrow I really need to spend more time looking for something to do in the summer

things are really scarce here in UMD, there are a lot of people without research groups.. and the department does not have money to give out more TAs to make up for that (or for people getting into research groups without RA support)

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Ming is good on interview technique. Attitude is the main thing.
                          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                          X