No announcement yet.

The cattle come home to roost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much weight have you put back on since you went back on it, Che?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Re-opening the Japanese market to American beef is a hell of a lot more important for the US beef industry than seeing Canadian beef go through some American slaughterhouses, so I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing these restrictions lifted if I was a Canuck...
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
        Re-opening the Japanese market to American beef is a hell of a lot more important for the US beef industry than seeing Canadian beef go through some American slaughterhouses, so I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing these restrictions lifted if I was a Canuck...
        The Japanese are full of ****. They've already had a dozen BSE cases of their own, so they can go **** themselves about being *****es closing down their borders.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm just glad I am a vegeterrian.

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The chances of getting BSE from eating meat even in the UK were never more than remote

They're microscopic outside Europe.
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The Japanese are full of ****. They've already had a dozen BSE cases of their own, so they can go **** themselves about being *****es closing down their borders.

I agree completely. The fact that the Japanese are being hyprocritical *****es on this issue doesn't change the position the US is in, though...
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Meat packing hasn't been a majority union industry in years. It's now a low wage industry using immigrant labor or at least according to a Time magazine article a few years back.
                I think he meant Canadian unions.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                  how much weight have you put back on since you went back on it, Che?

JM
                  I've gained about five pounds since I went off the diet. I lost thirty, so I'm net twenty-five down.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    It was a Canadian cow brought to the US for slaughter. It was caught be monitors.
                    I am sure that there were cases found on US farms.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      You don't starve on Atkins. Far from it. You're full most of the time, heck, you're satiated. It was a great diet, but it costs money. When I have a job, I'm going back on it.
                      I'd recommend doing the South Beach diet instead. It's far better for you and for maintaining weight loss, as it presents a realistic diet one can stick with. I had two coworkers in NY who went on it and had tremendous success. I was worried they were unhealthy, but when I read up on it, the diet seems very sensible and easy.

The name is stupid, unfortunately, as it brings to mind a celebrity fad diet. But it's actually based on much sounder principles than Atkins appears to be.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I've been considering it, actually, Boris.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          I am sure that there were cases found on US farms.
                          IIRC, they just found their first case of Mad Cow not linked to Canadian stock.

Comment

Working...
                          X