Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So your stuck in the year 100... how do you conquer the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So your stuck in the year 100... how do you conquer the world?

Time for another island in the sea of time scenario .

The stipulations: You and everyone/everything within 50 feet of you when you read this post find yourself in the year 100, in exactly the same spot your currently sitting at. For convenience you speak whatever is the predominant language of the area-if where your sitting is in solid rock or water, assume its the closest stable place.

Given this grand opportunity you get to live out the dream every person has(at least every apolytonite!) world domination.

How do you conquer the world?

Let's hear your master plan .

I could not answer this thread without full research into Native American thoughts/customs/ideals.

Which, btw, I should, because I have Native American heritage (Penobscot, to be exact - and I probalby have the spelling of the name wrong, which leads me to think that I should start researching ASAP)
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Get a boat to Denmark.
      Hang out with Nordic shipbuilders.
      Sail round past past Iceland, Greenland and down along the coast to South America.
      Meet the Atzecs.
      Claim I was a god.
      Get loads of gold
      Sail back to Europe the way I came.
      Be a rich person in Europe.
      Use my wealth to become a Roman citizen.
      Become Roman Emperor.
      Conquer the World.

Hows that for a start?

Comment

Or maybe sail to China and learn about gunpowder.
        Sail back to England
        Spend loads of years learning how to make guns
        Conquer the world

Comment

Our family would build a boat and set sail for the Philippines. There we would watch the waves roll in, go fishing and make and drink rum & beer and screw ruling the world in the year 100. Too early.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It would simply not be possible to maintain such an empire without modern technology for any period of time(communications stuff, transportation infrastructure,propaganda machines,etc). Such an undertaking would be futile.

Comment

Who cares? Where I am, the Spaniards are going to come and obliterate society in another 1,400 years anyways.

Those of you who live in the Old World get a huge advantage on this question.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                It would simply not be possible to maintain such an empire without modern technology for any period of time(communications stuff, transportation infrastructure,propaganda machines,etc). Such an undertaking would be futile.
                I'm in a dorm room, I have all the technical information I need between me and the guy across the hall, to build a radio from components of nature.

Comment

mrmitchell, you could try to teach metalurgy and chemistry to the natives. I think we all know enough to get things started. Teach the making of cannons and gunpowder in the year 100 and it might be the new world that invades the old. Particularly if you branch out into sailing and sailmaking.

Comment

I really think a good portion of apolytonites could build a cannon from scratch, given the proper information.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                      I really think a good portion of apolytonites could build a cannon from scratch, given the proper information.
                      My belief is that most apolytonites know just enough to get themselves killed either by accident or by pissing people off. Except for Lancer, he is seemly taking the mellow way and would therefore live a long time by not trying to do something stupid like taking over the world
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                        Yeah because, as a load of people who spend far too much time playing computer games a posting on the internet, we are JUST the sort of people you would expect to find it easy to branch out into cannon making

Comment

Challenge:

Ok smart guy Vesayen: As a typical Apolyton user, would you like to share with us the exact method of refining gunpowder, the material fundamentally required for the use of cannons (without the help of almighty Google, which you can't really use if you're stuck in the year 100)?

EDIT: Just for **** and giggles, I'd also like to hear how Lancer would try to manufacture gunpowder if he'd be following his gut feeling?

Comment

Sulpher, saltpeter and a match. Hell I don't know!

Comment

I think I could figure out distilling, and that's the important bit of my original idea. Don't know how I'd do it without cooling tubing however. Hmm.

In the Phils they do make 'chuba' which is a coconut wine. I guess I'd have to develope a taste for the stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X