Right or left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    People who are in the centre are people will no balls.

They're like the people whose solution to ethical disagreements on matters of principle is to imagine that the opposing sides are like ingredients which can be mixed together to form an appealing bland paste.

If I had a dollar for every paper I've marked like this, I would own you.

did it ever occur to you that communism sucks?

this is why I cannot commit to it. I will never be economically left for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
      Other people describe me as a leftist, but I don't describe myself in that way. I don't think in black and white.
      No, you just think in black and blacker.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

No, you just think in black and blacker.
        There's alot more than just two shades of black.
        Last edited by General Ludd; May 7, 2005, 20:52.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

In Soviet Russia Communism sucks you.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

In Soviet Russia Communism sucks you.
            Nah, that has happened every time someone has tried to implement communism.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

What? Jackov Smirnov tells a bad joke?
              Hehe....burr.

Looshkin's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                libertarian. which side is that on?
                The right.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                  I'm a social + sexual liberal & fiscal moderate
                  Smile
                  For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                  But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                    As I understand the Lib Dems, they used to be right of Labour. What happened between 1930 and today?
                    It's not quite just Labour moving right. The Lib Dems have a much wider spectrum than the other two parties. There are members who want to have more regulation, both environmental and workers rights, and people who want a freer market. Their defining characteristic is they want more personal and social freedom and decent public services.

I wouldn't say the Lib Dems are catagorically to the left of Labour, even New Labour, mainly more liberal.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Contemporary politics is irrelevant anyway. Most of it is people squabbling over the inevitable. The economic basis of society does more to determine politics than what people claim to want.

Marx was right about that.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Contemporary politics is irrelevant anyway. Most of it is people squabbling over the inevitable. The economic basis of society does more to determine politics than what people claim to want.

Marx was right about that.

You see certainty. I see the chaos of infinite futures.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

People who are in the centre are people will no balls.

They're like the people whose solution to ethical disagreements on matters of principle is to imagine that the opposing sides are like ingredients which can be mixed together to form an appealing bland paste.

If I had a dollar for every paper I've marked like this, I would own you.
                          Unlike Diss, who takes this viewpoint to mean your promoting communism(left) over i'll call it capitalism(right).

To me it shows that extremes of either left or right political belief lead to the same problem - intolerance in one form or another, which in turn leads to the death of many innocent people just trying live their short and mostly insignificant lives(in the grand scheme of things).

thats why i'm nether left or right in totality.
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                          X