X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Wow!! Actually, I was thinking about the one where Conan stands on a pile of bodies with a voluptuous redhead lying at his feet

Frazetta had a lot of imitators but he still is the best.
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Hmmm... I couldn't find that one. A good site for his work is:

Keep on Civin'

Comment

Wow!! Actually, I was thinking about the one where Conan stands on a pile of bodies with a voluptuous redhead lying at his feet

The premier fantasy artist. A pity that so much of his work was low brow sexism like this.

The first Conan film is one of the most misogynistic I have ever seen.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

have you ever read the books?

it was possibly a bit tame in comparison to them

Jon Miller
            (as a note, something I didn't know until yesterday, Howard killed himself when he discovered that his mom was going to die)
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

No. I find most fantasy and sci fi books to be awful. Exceptions are LOTR and the first Dune book. Most of the rest are terribly written.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                Hmmm... I couldn't find that one. A good site for his work is:

http://www.elobelisco.net/FRA1.HTM
                I hope you don't mind that I post a link to that picture. If so, please delete it.
                Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                  No. I find most fantasy and sci fi books to be awful. Exceptions are LOTR and the first Dune book. Most of the rest are terribly written.
                  Just like in any category of books, there is good stuff and bad stuff. It's all a matter of opinion. There are many excellent sf and fantasy authors... it sounds like you just have no appreciation for these categories
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

The premier fantasy artist. A pity that so much of his work was low brow sexism like this.

The first Conan film is one of the most misogynistic I have ever seen.
                    Sexist it may be but his women are absolutely stunning.
                    Once again...

Comment

Just like in any category of books, there is good stuff and bad stuff. It's all a matter of opinion. There are many excellent sf and fantasy authors... it sounds like you just have no appreciation for these categories

name one good harlequin romance.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

name one good harlequin romance.

Good point

I collect sf and fantasy books and artwork, and have read a lot of great stuff, a lot of average stuff, and some books that were just terrible... but I enjoy most of it. They are meant for entertainment, and do serve that purpose
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

I collect sf and fantasy books and artwork, and have read a lot of great stuff, a lot of average stuff, and some books that were just terrible... but I enjoy most of it. They are meant for entertainment, and do serve that purpose

Some of them are better than that. LOTR is a bona fide classic. I used to read quite a bit of scifi, but it is uneconomical for me – I race through one of those paperbacks in a couple of hours.

I haven't picked up such a book in years, though. Nonfiction is my main thing.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

No. I find most fantasy and sci fi books to be awful.
                            Well, that explains much about you.
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Well, that explains much about you.

Shut up Santa.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

"You want to knwo the secrete of steel, boy?... Steel is strong, but flesh is stronger. What is the sword compared to the hand that weilds it?"
                                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                                X