Who has family problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller

generally if they are adopted it means that their life was really really bad for a while (very traumatic)

so yeah.. most adopted people do have some issues...

JM
    They have a tough time in relationships because they fear that the other peson is going to stop loving them, and for them that means bringing up old feelings of being abandoned by their mother.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

umm... at least my siblings were all heavily abused

also their moms were using drugs when they were pregnant

as well as obvious issues with forming attachments and the like

two are doing ok, one is trouble (And I don't want to deal with her anymore)

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

it is actually the adopted sibling who had the least abuse who is the most messed up now (as I said, the other two are doing ok)

she just seems unable to bond

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

My step-father's a ****e who on a few occassions just vanished with no contact details and seems to think child support payments are optional. This is despite the fact that he has easily been earning 10x the amount that my mother was earning at any given point.

My mother's done some things that I find very hard to forgive her for but I know she did them to get the best possible life for her kids.

Both my mother and father have taken the better part of 40 years to sort out their love lives and seem to have finally settled down with very nice people. The possibility of me taking after them (which seems to be happening....do I have a sign on my head that says "Commitment phobic ****wits come here"?) terrifies me.

The rest of my family are all more or less decent people who work just hard enough to get what they want in life and know when to sit back and enjoy things. One thing is that direct confrontation is not something we do at all. We're very much a family of internalisers.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

My aunt is a paranoid schizophrenic. Can't have them committed against their will in the Netherlands so she lives in Amsterdam (most of the time). She's ripped out all the electrical wiring etc in her appartment because she was afraid the CIA and BVD (dutch version of CIA) were spying on her. Knocked out her teeth because she thought there were transmitters in them. Called my dad once from Bucharest or somewhere around there as she'd tried to escape assassins and ended up there, but didn't have any money to get back.

The rest are all fine though

Comment

Working...
            X