No announcement yet.

Who has family problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should add that my family while honest and such, isn't real close emotionally. Even the women in my family are not the emotional type. We never hugged or kissed (probably the source of my lack affectionate skills I suppose). sex was never discussed.

Comment

I don't feel like rehashing the family problems that I have.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        First I am going to say this. These kids had been taken away early in life from a situatuion that was bad. Rasied by to different people that were i am assuming responsible. The problem with the dumb ass things they do as adults have no real relationship to what the loser first parents did. They had a choice to do drugs or not they chose the wrong one. I say this cause i know for a fat just cause ur molested as a child doesnt make you a child molester when you get older. I know this cause i know someone that is very close to me that was molested and is a very good lady now she fights the child molesters didnt become one. fights the drug addits didnt become one. its a matter of choice weakness and strength
        I'm happy to report that my younger cousin Roy has turned out well. He had more development problems because his birth mother used cocaine and heroine more frequently while pregnant so we all thought he'd be the one having a rough time of it. He spent his teenage years in and out of various instituttions trying to get a handle on the violent rages and learning disabilities he had but now at 18 he has a decent job and lives in his own house.

We all thought Tammy was going to do much better then her brother but it seems like dispite a good up bringing by loving parents she has patterned her life after her birth mother.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I am pleased to report that the rest of my family is happy and well adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            I am pleased to report that the rest of my family is happy and well adjusted.

pets do not count

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

pets do not count
              sure they do lol they are the main ones that mind
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Pets don't count because they are more sensible than most people.

Comment

I've had dogs that had problems.

I felt bad how badly I used to treat one of our dogs when I was a kid. My dad was pretty rough with it too. He didn't kick it or anything mean like that. He just fought with it and really made that dog mean. That damn dog almost took my eye out when I was teasing it. That dog eventually ran away. I wonder why.

Comment

I like my dog and he seems to be very well adjusted. He only gets ansy when I don't take him on walks often enough.

I was refering to the people in my family though.
                    Last edited by Dinner; May 6, 2005, 02:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I was refer to the people in my family though.

No you weren't -- don't try to weasel yourself out of this one, buddy.

Comment

Studies have shown that drug abuse/drinking while pregnant can affect the mental development of the fetus leading to long term personality problems as the child grows into teen/adulthood.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Thankfully my parents never drank.

I had a cousin who stole from my sister. She later ended up in a relationship with her stepfather, but I haven't heard anything about them since he was sent to jail. Her younger sister was 3 at the time...
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Neither of my parents drink or use drugs. I think it's because they both had parents who were alcoholics. My maternal grandmother drank until she died of liver problems before any of you 3 kids were grown, and she was very cruel to my mom. My paternal grandfather was also an alcoholic, but lived to about 70. He was an ******* his whole life even after he quit drinking. He still acted like he did when he was drinking. Being an alcoholic permanently ****s up your personality if you drink long enough. Both my parents have bad problems from it. My mom works a program called Adult Children of Alcoholics, but my dad doesn't. I don't speak to my dad anymore.

About being adopted, that screws with people's mind, even if they have loving parents. My ex was adopted, and I had another gf that was adopted. This may sound bad, but I'll never date another women that was adopted, just because of that.
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I have a dim view on drink and drugs, mostly due to the decay I see them cause.

I endured the death of a parent due to alcholism caused by another family member's drug use.

Our societies are partly to blame, with the mindless idea that drugs/booze are socially essential.

That is not a good thing.
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

About being adopted, that screws with people's mind, even if they have loving parents. My ex was adopted, and I had another gf that was adopted. This may sound bad, but I'll never date another women that was adopted, just because of that.
                                generally if they are adopted it means that their life was really really bad for a while (very traumatic)

so yeah.. most adopted people do have some issues...

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X