Today is 05/05/05!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski

No ****, so why should Texas celebrate it?

ACK!
    Cuz it's full of Mexicans?
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Cuz it's full of Mexicans?
      Are you purposely being an idiot?

Texas won independence before Mexico, so your statement was idiotic.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

IIUC Mexico won independence from Spain while Texas was a part of Mexico. Mexico than had a civil war of centralizers vs decentralizers, and Texas went with the decentralizers, and then for independence (folks who want to put down Texas say they rebelled over the abolition of slavery)
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

My original question was just a bit of sarasm. Texas helps celebrate a mexican holiday for freedom when the texas nation fought the same country for independance I just felt it was a bit oxymoronic
          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Are you purposely being an idiot?

Texas won independence before Mexico, so your statement was idiotic.

ACK!
            Mexico did never get its "independence" from France since a good chunk of the country was never subjugated by the French and a legitimately recognized government under Juarez existed. Hence Texas did not win independence before Mexico.

You ever hear of Ciudad Juarez? Guess why it's called that way.
            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Teaxs failed to be under mexicos rule before the french left i assume is how he figures it.. we ruled urselves for abit before we became a state just like cali with out rules of mexico
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X