Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many security council resolutions would they have had by now if...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ned, no, he would have never used them >>>AGAIN<<<.

Don't forget he already had used them on his own people and the Iranians.

My point is the UN resolutions would have gone on forever without any resolve at all. Also, when the US did finally do something, the UN gets all pissed off at us! Amazing...
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I think you made a bad thread. Because this is easily ownable. I give you a hint.

There was no WMDs. More resolutions. For what? Saddam being oppressive towards women? Embarrasing I would say. I feel there needs to be no more arguments or follow ups.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

"I think you made a bad thread."

Nah, never gona happen Pekka.

Comment

Since the utter absence of WMD in Iraq means the resolutions had been working, what more would we need to have done? Unlike in the Nedaverse, the real world now acknowledges that Saddam wasn't a threat and wasn't capable of rearming with the sanctions in place.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

lancer, damn you convinced me! I'm watching you however.. the moment you trip, I'll be there like a HAWK, letting EVERYONE know you screwed up and made a bad thread. Be sharp...
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

lancer, damn you convinced me!

That was easy...

Comment

what can I say, life is short, better flow with the go. Yes, flow with the go.
                In da butt.

Comment

Personally, I would have accepted an arguement (to go to war) that we are preventing/removing another hitler (i.e genocide, masacres etc) than the we are looking to stop a WMD program (the evidence of which was circumstancial (sp) in nature).

Whilst I agree that the world will be a better place with saddam gone, I hold my elected leaders to higher vitues than I do myself. It is one of my character flaws.
                  "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                  "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

US

UN

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      "does it really matter?

not like those resolutions would amount to hill of beans"

No, but then the UN doesn't matter. They should just shove it off into the Hudson.
                      Or make it matter.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        Since the utter absence of WMD in Iraq means the resolutions had been working, what more would we need to have done? Unlike in the Nedaverse, the real world now acknowledges that Saddam wasn't a threat and wasn't capable of rearming with the sanctions in place.

@Lancer: Won´t an emperor know how to use quote tags? :hmm: It´s really hard to distinguish your words from the quoted phrases, especially since you dropped using quotation marks... ( )
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                        Let me eat your yummy brain!
                        "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Micha

Won´t an emperor know how to use quote tags?

Ok

Comment

Hey, how do I quote just a bit of your post, not the whole thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                              Oh, of course, reality.

Saddam was a rational and peaceful man who would never think of attacking a neighbor, or using WMD. Never.
                              Saddam was an irrational and hostile man who would never think twice of attacking a neighbor, or using WMDs, if the United States had not previously crippled his regime's ability to wage war, leaving him to be the most impotent of the Axis of Evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                                Anyway there were loads of resolutions before the Iraq war where the UN was ordering Saddam to do this or that. He ignored them all. The result? More resolutions of course.
                                You mean like the resolutions where he was ordered to disarm his wmds and didn't . . . oh wait, he did.

Oh, I guess you mean the resolutions about letting the inspectors in and he refused . . . no, wait, that's not right.

Exactly what resolutions are you talking about, Lancer?
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X