I need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help.

I really do. I am in a very desperate situation and I need help in the worst way. My life, a shambles for 5 years, shattered marriage and career, crippling depresssion. My behavior has been awful, my self respect zeroed out, and deservedly so. Suicidal at times.

I need some good friends to help me patch my life back together. I need more than just advice. I need a hand and I don't know where to turn. I have alienated many of my friends.

Some of the posters here are the last that I would turn to and I can't open up here and lay it on the lie. Are there a few good men and women here that might be willing to extend a hand?

I need a fresh start, a chance at redemption. All I want is a chance. And someone to here my confession with an understanding, mature heart.

Capt Dizle have you seen a counselor yet?
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      Capt Dizle have you seen a counselor yet?
      Over five years, four pychcologists, two shrinks, two MDs, one surgery, exercise and diet changes that led to getting in good shape and produced really good blood stats, to no avail, neurosurgeon, Cat scans, five different anti-depressents, two anti-anxiety meds, one DUI leading to group sessions. All giving a combination of fleeting improvements and awful side effects. Does that count?

I really would rather find one or more here that I could talk to in some detail. I am willing to do anything to reclaim my life.

Comment

I am once more on the edge of oblivion. And really, it saps you, It saps you.

Comment

I feel like I have just one more good fight in my if I could find a fresh start. If I were 20 years younger, I'd join the service.

I was talking to my therapist and we found and discussed an article that mentioned: "society's marginal survivors" and she said that with medicine there was no reason to think I couldn't fit into that category. I can't accept that.

Comment

i can sympathize, but the forum isn't really the place to discuss such things. get ahold of me on aim and we can talk.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

WHERE are you located Dizle?
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Im willing to listen and help, if i can
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I got nothing, but, if you haven't been getting anywhere, have you considered going to church, or if you are more like me taking up reading Epictetus or someone like that?

Sometimes drugs and therapy are hopeless: we need reasons.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                    have you considered going to church, or if you are more like me taking up reading Epictetus or someone like that?
                    what? thats the last thing to recommend.

Comment

From what he said it sounds like he doesn't have many options left.

I don't like the church either, but it works for some people and I'd sooner see them groveling before the non-existent than dead.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I'd sooner see them groveling before the non-existent than dead.
                        True, but two of my friends "found religion" after experencing emotion crisis. They are both on heroin/speed now and are both now (and I'm not using these words lightly) completely, f$%king mad.

Comment

True, but two of my friends "found religion" after experencing emotion crisis. They are both on heroin/speed now and are both (and I'm not using these words lightly) completely, f$%king mad.

Nothing in life is certain. They may well have done the dope instead of the church. At least they delayed the drugs.

But I doubt that will happen to CD. He did not mention addiction problems, and he seems too old for those to suddenly take root.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

To me they are both crutches, if you are in trouble they must both seem pretty attactive.

It just seemed weird to me that at the same time they started going mad, that they sort out religion?

Comment

To me they are both crutches, if you are in trouble they must both seem pretty attactive.

If you are going to fall over, you might as well grab the nearest crutch.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X