Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the movie kung fu hustle a communist(china) propogana piece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Is the movie kung fu hustle a communist(china) propogana piece?

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
    Not quite. It's just badly made
    Um... no... it's quite purposely a parody.

If it was badly made, it wouldn't have gotten a 90% at Rottentomatoes:

When the hapless Sing and his dim-witted pal Bone try to scam the residents of Pig Sty Alley into thinking they're members of the dreaded Axe Gang, the real gangsters descend on this Shanghai slum to restore their fearsome reputation. What gang leader Brother Sum doesn't know is that three legendary retired kung fu masters live anonymously in this decrepit neighborhood and don't take kindly to interlopers.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ever since the end of the Cold War, Americans have been looking for someone to be "the evil enemy" and the poor old Chinese, who want little more than to sell you widgets are the best you can find.

0.1/100

Next you're going to be saying, oh Osama isn't that bad.. he's just misunderstood .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

...Why the **** are you watching a movie where all the characters--both the protagonists and antagonists--are Chinese, then?

The same reason fundies watch Desperate Housewives – to have something to get outraged about.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

It reminds me about notyoueither who despised that program with all that gay anal sex in it, yet he seemed to remember quite a lot of detail about it...hate the one you love and all that
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh and by the way, Kung Fu Hustle is the best movie of the year for me by far. AWESOME. Beautiful, funny, brilliant, genius, teh best.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

When are Americans going to come to terms with their Sinophobic racism.

Ever since the end of the Cold War, Americans have been looking for someone to be "the evil enemy" and the poor old Chinese, who want little more than to sell you widgets are the best you can find.

Hence the endless and unprovoked China bashing. What is it with Americans? Do they need to have enemies to make them feel good about themselves or are they just racist?

Dude, they're afraid of me. I'm the ****in' yellow_peril!!!!

HEAD SHOT!

>>pwn3d!
              B♭3

Comment

q cubed,. WHAT! Are you of Asian descent? Must...own.. you... in.. math... NNGGHGHHH!
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

...why do you think I make all those cracks about Asians? I'm like Chris Rock, of the Asian world, *****!

...well, not really. Asians just aren't that funny.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                    When are Americans going to come to terms with their Sinophobic racism.

Hence the endless and unprovoked China bashing. What is it with Americans? Do they need to have enemies to make them feel good about themselves or are they just racist?
                    They work too hard. It's not cool man.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Maybe your material could be about.. statistics? and probabilities.. could be a hit in there!
                      In da butt.

Comment

Odds would say that it's not ****in' likely.

*rimshot*
                        B♭3

Comment

Stop making him do that Pekka.

Comment

that's too aggressive.

Make them word plays, like you tried, but make them math jokes. Meaning that they are math jokes, not word games. You see the English love word games and jokes, so Koreans must love math jokes.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Not really.

We do love our video games, though.

ZOMFG ZERG RUSH!!!! ^_____^ kekekekekekekekeke....
                              B♭3

Comment

Joke about Finnish posters on the Internet making passes at you via PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X