No announcement yet.

No WMD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know waht are you trying to demostrate but 33 plus 13 is 46 not 49.
    You are right, the "same" number is 16% not 13% according to Ted's ABC poll.

Edited. Typos kill. Thanks

What is 33 plus 16? What number is larger, 49 or 46?
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• However, Ted defined the arguement with his statment...

quote:
      and the average Iraqi person's life has gotten worse since we "got dirty," so really what has been accomplished? NOTHING.

He claims most Iraqis think they are worse off, which is false, most think they are either the same or better off.
      Dunno if Ted has said here that "most Iraqis think they are worse off" at least your quote doesnt imply this statement. The average iraqi is not the median!

the average Iraqi person's life has gotten worse
      could be interpreted as
      0.46*(-1)+0.16*0+0.33*1 is below zero.

(when u evaluate worse with -1 etc.)

So Ted seems right. Summing up different categories doesnt make any sense when u talk about the "average" iraqi.
      "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

• When you evaluate with a -1. But chances are better the error is either zero or +1, actually twice as likely that is the case.

So no, even as an average Ted is wrong. The average Iraqi is not worse off, at least by the evidence presented.

Like I said ealier, just because Ted can't google a poll within 24 hours that says what he wants doesn't mean he is wrong, it just means his view is still just an unsupported opinion.

Hell, my veiw was just an unsupported opinion until Ted posted a poll/article that proved it.

However, when you present evidence that has no resemblance to what you say it does, you are in fact wrong on that account (ie you read the poll wrong).
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• So Ted seems right. Summing up different categories doesnt make any sense when u talk about the "average" iraqi.
          It is a simple yes or no question, are you worse off or not? If the majority of the people are not worse off, then the average Iraqi is not worse off.

Comment

• There are more dead Iraqiis than living ones! Ha!

that's liberal propoganda for ya!
            Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander
              Umm, I hate to point this out but you're going to find out sooner or later... It's you "we" are laughing at. If you want to take a few days off before returning we'll all understand.
              Then you're just as stupid as he is, if not moreso...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Very mature

Comment

• I know you are, but what am I... oh, wait
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• Logic really.

He says he's laughing at me although he's on the side (Pro invasion of Iraq) that has been proved wrong, to wit: There are NO WMDs in Iraq!

Seems like a sure-fire sign of stupidity to me...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Lay off the personal crap.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• When you evaluate with a -1. But chances are better the error is either zero or +1, actually twice as likely that is the case.
                        Ted did not design the poll. When you interpret the poll you should evaluate symmetrically. There is no other choice without further information. So you can criticize the poll but not Teds quoted interpretation.

Mebbe there is such bias u claim above...mebbe not. At least there seems one obvious bias against your "dream result". Those who died because of this invasion could not participate in the poll.
                        "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos

It is a simple yes or no question, are you worse off or not? If the majority of the people are not worse off, then the average Iraqi is not worse off.
                          OK, the majority says to be equal/better as you say, but an bigger majority says to be equal/worse.
                          Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Working...
                          X