X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't SK accept them gladly?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Up to a number, it seems. As to the number your guess is as good as mine. I remember long ago that Hong Kong became the "First Port of Asylum" for the Vietnam boat people thanks to the Brits. Although we were told that they would go to other countries, many never did. We got stuck with a whole bunch, and a hefty bill that the UN probably never will pay us back.

I reckon this can also be very bad diplomatically with the DPRK.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Now why go fiddly diddly? This is the more serious reason, it seems.

Otherwise, had the bottleneck been SK, you'd be accept some of them, and resend them to SK. it seems though, that the PRC doesn't want the people escaping to escape, period.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Dude, Borscht with Mayo and garlic is TEH 80M8.
          Never tried it with mayo myself, always opted for sour cream. But I will agree, it is indeed TEH 80M8.
          "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

It's called being smart and keeping your mouth shut to avoid trouble.
            Two concepts which you've never shown any familiarity with to date on these boards.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Boshko,

I don't think there is one single country in this world would accept illegal aliens. Not the US, not Canada, not the UK, not France, not the Netherlands IIRC. Why should the PRC be any different?
              Because they're trying to go someone ELSE?

And the US accepts people fleeing persecution.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                Boshko,

I don't think there is one single country in this world would accept illegal aliens. Not the US, not Canada, not the UK, not France, not the Netherlands IIRC. Why should the PRC be any different?
                They're only illegal because you refuse them asylum. Which is stupid, refusing them asylum just makes them hide from your police and be more likely to commit crimes especially since they don't want to stay in your country and generally do everything they can do it out of it, including hundreds of them sneaking across China all the way to Vietnam in order to get into SKorea. Its insane to put those kind of barriers in front of refugees, especially when returning them to NKorea will generally result in very harsh punishment (long incarceration in labor camps or death).

Right. It makes no sense to sacrifice innocent refugees in order to placate the NKorea government.
                Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Right. It makes no sense to sacrifice innocent refugees in order to placate the NKorea government.

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Two concepts which you've never shown any familiarity with to date on these boards.
                    Damn beat me to it.
                    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      But if the NKoreans invade SKorean territorial waters and attack a patrol boat, the bereaved get **** and lips stay firmly planted on the Dear Leader's ass. That's just wrong any way you look at it.

It's called being smart and keeping your mouth shut to avoid trouble.
                      You really should move to China. Though I fail to see how a Communist could support such an ideology.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

US accepts thousands of Cubans every year.

Are you just stupid or are you trying to brainwash us with your false facts? I still remember how you implied with a straight face that USSR and nazis never ganged up on free nations in eastern Europe.

Now anyway, back to topic... why should China be any different than US regarding refugees who are oppressed (denied basic human rights) and starving to death?

Comment

Now anyway, back to topic... why should China be any different than US regarding refugees who are oppressed (denied basic human rights) and starving to death?
                          Especially when they don't want to stay in China.
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                          X