No announcement yet.

Cat Or Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing up my family always had 1-2 dogs and 1-2 cats. Our cat "Big Kitty" lived for around 15 years before getting eatten by a coyote while the other cats didn't seem to understand that wild coyotes aren't friendly like our pet dogs so they tended to get eatten very quickly.

We tried to keep the cats in side but that never worked because we had a dog door for the dogs and it didn't take the cats long to figure out how to use it.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
      Possibly Ludd, I think Buddy is an Eurasier

Wifey don't think so, but in the winter, when her hair is in, she looks a lot like that.
      I wasn't talking to you. There's no way that buddy could be a flatcoat retriever.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        The Dog: Buddy
        The Cat: Kitty
        The Place: My Bed
        The Event: Something that will get me band if I mention it on "a family site"
        The Cost: $20 for the dog, cat was free
        The entertainment received watching them pretend to hate each other, and then catch them cuddling...
        seems the kids got caught playing nice.
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Chow Chow
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I wasn't talking to you. There's no way that buddy could be a flatcoat retriever.

duh

I was speaking on rare breads being mistaken for mutts you dope
            Monkey!!!

Comment

my dog has a white cross on her chest, and white on her paws. Also she has brown hair on her paws and legs (mixed in with the black).

She's the most pefect dog I've been around. You could say I'm saying this because she's mine. But she's better than dogs I had as a kid. Perfect temperment. She's not too active for my lazy ass. And isn't too needy (but she doesn't like to be left alone too long). She's very sociable and friendly. That's good because I hate mean dogs. Her only con is she sheds so much.

Comment

I think it depends on whether or not you are willing to clean up faeces. Cat's take care of their own.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

cats clean their own feces? I think not.

It's just they are smaller feces, so they are a little easier to handle.

Comment

I agree with Che, make sure to remember the needs of the aimal as well. If you decide to get a dog, make sure to study the breed, as breed temperments can be so different.
                    Attached Files
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I didn't like cats.... until I got Kahlua here. Don't underestimate the power of Kitten.
                      Attached Files

Comment

But dogs are cool too (no... he's not about to eat her... Otis loved kittens)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                          I think it depends on whether or not you are willing to clean up faeces.
                          I have seen dogs trained to only take dumps at certain places ("dog toilets" - basically sandboxes).
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

My dog only goes under bushes in the wild ( we have a small patch of forest near us), and then I bury it. If he goes on the grass, which is very rare, it's a simple matter of pick up with a tissue -> throw in the trash.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                            X