Cat Or Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sprayber
    Were you mauled by a kitten when you were younger? it would go a long way to explaining your aversion to them
    Has to be it. He's trying to portray himself as not hating cats, but he can't even do it right.

Cats
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hey.. not my fault COT is

cats are not but they are OK.

Dogs are WOho WOOH WOh wuuh!
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I grew up with always a cat and/or dog. One of our declawed cats somehow fought off a clawed alley cat once. She would bring us dead birds too, so her heart was in the right place (or maybe she was just bragging? ). And I've seen cats I've never met before lay beside me and start purring so if raised right they can be good friendly pets.

But the return you get from a dog is much better IMO. As mentioned earlier they can be involved in more physical activities you do and you can also play rougher with them (my dogs were 40lbs-75lbs) inside or outside. Regarding her "kids would love to play with a pet", when I was a kid I loved playing with my dog, the cats I got bored with quickly. Dogs can also be taught more tricks and because of their pack mentality they will always seek to please you and be a loyal friend.

On the internet you can find tests and detailed information on what breeds of dog are better for you, as some are perfectly content with small spaces and/or being left alone for long periods. But you seem already decided on "no dog without a yard" so you can get a cat to try one out and make the GF happy, but I sincerely doubt you will build a bond like the one you had with your dogs.

My brother's GF adopted a male cat and it's playful, but not affectionate. You need to go to it and caress it for it to purr, yet her dog will seek you out and be wagging it's tail the entire time ready to play or just hang out with you. The cat treats her more as a rent-free landlord than a loving owner or friend.

Chicks get dogs too and give them names like Buttons or Pookie, a true crime. If I see a guy and his GF/wife with a cat I expect the cat to have a girlie name, it be called "her cat" and/or learn it was the GF's/wife's idea to the get the cat, much like the path Sprayber seems headed down.

Comment

That's right, a dog should have a manly name like... Destroyer or MudMan. Shotkill. Tootsiemootsiemyass. Something good. Not too royal like Richard.. something that a mut can have.. a nice name.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Dogs
            If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

my dog's name is: dogmeat

Comment

Nice original name.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If I see a guy and his GF/wife with a cat I expect the cat to have a girlie name

My ex's cat's name is Ivan. You sterotypes don't always fit .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    If I see a guy and his GF/wife with a cat I expect the cat to have a girlie name

My ex's cat's name is Ivan. You sterotypes don't always fit .
                    That's why I included "or" in that sentence. At any rate, I will agree stereotypes don't always fit.

Comment

Cats stink less than dogs. If you place isn't big enough it'll smell like wet dog after a few rains.

I prefer cats over dogs, but either is good. Just don't get a small dog. They suck.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I want to get a saluki once we get a house. The wife refuses to let me get a dog. I think I'm just gonna have to get one anyway.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Cat Or Dog

Originally posted by Sprayber
                          I don't have a hatred for cats like some do but it seems to me that most of them really don't care about you at all. They just happen to be living there with you while a dog actually seems glad to see you when you come home.
                          Cats are affectionate at two distinct times. The first is when they are hungry (especially when you are in the kitchen). The second time is when they actually want affection from you.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The Dog: Buddy
                            The Cat: Kitty
                            The Place: My Bed
                            The Event: Something that will get me band if I mention it on "a family site"
                            The Cost: $20 for the dog, cat was free
                            The entertainment received watching them pretend to hate each other, and then catch them cuddling...
                            Attached Files
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

mutt. I have no idea. There's some german sheppard in her, I'm not sure what else. maybe black lab.

Are you sure she is a mutt?

Flatcoats are not that common, so alot of people assume that they are mutts. This is what a flatcoat retriever looks like:

They are similiar to labs, only with long hair.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Possibly Ludd, I think Buddy is an Eurasier

Wifey don't think so, but in the winter, when her hair is in, she looks a lot like that.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X