Cat Or Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats

I don't like dogs too much... I don't hate them, but I'd prefer not to have one.
    Additionally cats catch mice and in the countryside where I live we have quite a bit of them. 2-3 years without cats and they'd surely build a nest somewhere in the house.

Ofc the downside is that they are chewing computer network and power cables. At least ours do.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Is she a flatcoat retriever?
      mutt. I have no idea. There's some german sheppard in her, I'm not sure what else. maybe black lab.

Comment

I do hate some dogs though. I hate attack dogs with a passion. Yes I admit I'm scared of them . I shouldn't have to fear a "pet". I don't like going into people's yards when they have dogs.

In fact I probably wouldn't even have a dog, but mine has such a great personality. She stole my heart. I could never give her up.

Comment

Ofc the downside is that they are chewing computer network and power cables. At least ours do.

Smear them in with something spicey or alternatively some leon juice, that usually helps.
          If all else fails get some cables covers designed for pet rodents/rabbits.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

DIss, that's what your own dogs do.. steal your heart. That's why it's so difficult to put them to sleep, because they are so loyal. If you would die, they'd be by your side for days and worried. So.. how can you put them out? Of course you can, when they are suffering very much with no hope though.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

My cats act like dogs. Grendel follows me from room to room. Both of them are generally wiating at the door when I come home. They both want attention.

Some cats are great like that. My grandmother's cat was like that, she tells me ( until it was shot by poachers ). Most cats are sh!t, though.

Anyhow, I have a small, redhaired pinscher mutt, and he's the best dog EVAR. He runs, is inquisitive, smart, and isn't terribly nervous like most smaller dogs are. He's like a medium dog in a small dog's body.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Get a dog, but only a big one, and only if youve got the space. And learn how to train them
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

me and the mr have two cats, we dont have room for a dog i am technically a dog person but in our apt the cats are suitable. One cat claimed tubes and the other cat claimed me my cat is more out going and pretty much kicks it with anyone. The other one is less social and under the bed if new folks come into the house. The fat one, mine loves attention and will get in ur face when he wants to play. Oh just for the record to get a cat to mind all you need is a squirt water bottle and when they start to claw hit them with a spray. they quickly learn they cant do that anymore. All tubes has to do now is show the cats the bottle and they run.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Hearing about the size you got, definetly get a cat. There are plenty of sweet, personable cats out there. Get a really young one, so they can bond with you as they grow. If you are concerned about the scratching, get them declawed. Nowadays they use laser them out and the cats have no clue that they don't have claws. My best friend's cat will "scratch" all sorts of things... but he lost his claws a year ago .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"Get a really young one, so they can bond with you as they grow."

Oh yeah, make them dependent on you... I thought it was supposed to be a challenge, to gain the respect of the cat..
                      At cat owners automatic coping.. losers.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by alva

Smear them in with something spicey or alternatively some leon juice, that usually helps.
                        If all else fails get some cables covers designed for pet rodents/rabbits.
                        We moved the office

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          "Get a really young one, so they can bond with you as they grow."

Oh yeah, make them dependent on you... I thought it was supposed to be a challenge, to gain the respect of the cat..
                          At cat owners automatic coping.. losers.
                          Were you mauled by a kitten when you were younger? it would go a long way to explaining your aversion to them
                          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

If you adopt an older male cat, he will be very grateful to have a home and be quite affectionate.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Sprayber, I have no problem with cats.. I don't even hate cats.. I think they're OK. Cat owners on the other hand... I mean.. it's like playing hockey with no contact and hockey with full normal rules. Can't handle the tough game? YOu have to cry and whine about everything? Listen buddy, you're not superior on the ice claiming that you can dodge the hits and score more, step to the rink and let's see who hits who and what happens... why are you dodging man? What's up?

YOu know... cat owners are the girlie men, starting to take their skates off and saying 'it's not that I can't or don't want to, it's just that I really have to go now'. Girlie men. And then they say to their buddies 'yeah I kicked their asses', which didn't really happen, now did it.

That is the CAT OWNER ATTITUDE, COT.

Actually as a kid, I was attacked by german sheppard. Vicious it was. But I like them german sheppards too.
                              In da butt.

Comment

Brenden says you need to adopt a cat in order to save him from a girlie name that some chick will give it: like Pumpkin or Peanuts or Mr. Whiskers.
                                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                                X