X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B O R I N G AND UNIMPORTANT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
      The Mail has the story as well, unsurprisingly enough, although they havent felt the need to make it their frontpage headline.

Apparently one problem is because the documentary makers are in breach of the BBCs charter wrt impartiality at election time. If only they had managed to film hecklers at a Blair speech as well then we wouldnt even have a story
      What are you doing reading that f**king filth?
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I suspect that this is utter stupidity rather than negligence, but it's an extremely poor show nonetheless. Any idiot can see that unless it was done after the election, and equally to all three main parties, that it would provoke this kind of reaction. And quite rightly so.

Incidentally, there is no way that this could have been done without the co-operation of BBC News. As a Conservative activist in the area, I got all the information about this event. As with all General Election events the notice is extremely late. We only found out the day before that there was "a major event in Greater Manchester" and a matter of hours before where the event actually was.

There is no way that a BBC documentary crew was coincidentally in the area when they found out the event was on. Even if they had, they wouldn't have been able to get in without a pass!
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
          I suspect that this is utter stupidity rather than negligence, but it's an extremely poor show nonetheless. Any idiot can see that unless it was done after the election, and equally to all three main parties, that it would provoke this kind of reaction. And quite rightly so.
          A couple of points, Iain. Firstly, I don't believe this footage has been shown yet, nor am I aware of any plans to broadcast the documentary before the election.

Secondly, seeing as it's about heckling, and not about The Truth About Politics In Britain, why should there be any sort of scrupulous adherence to making sure all three major parties receive equal levels of coverage?

Incidentally, there is no way that this could have been done without the co-operation of BBC News. As a Conservative activist in the area, I got all the information about this event. As with all General Election events the notice is extremely late. We only found out the day before that there was "a major event in Greater Manchester" and a matter of hours before where the event actually was.

There is no way that a BBC documentary crew was coincidentally in the area when they found out the event was on. Even if they had, they wouldn't have been able to get in without a pass!
          In "a matter of hours" you can sneak cameras and microphones into any political rally in the country. This is pure paranoia speaking.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: Re: Proof that the BBC is not a legitimate news organization

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
            You always have to go the extra mile and ruin a potentially valid point, don't you?

The NYT may have had its scandal, but it's still one of the greatest news sources out there. You will find better, more accurate coverage of national and international news there than you will in any other American newspaper. There's nothing shameful about that.
            I like the NYT and I think it is a good newspaper. That said even their ombudsman has come out and said that, yes, the NYT is wrtten from a center left perspective, that it has a big city view point, and so it chooses topics/issues/approachs coming from that political view point. It still does some bang up journalism and unlike Fox News the NYT comes right out and tells you they are trying to maintain their objectivity but that most of them do have a certain view point.

Their honest flies well in my book compared to the dishonesty of certain other "fair and balanced" newssources. You do however have to understand where the NYT is coming from and realize that on certain hot issues they're going to have a bone to pick.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I've just found the blog of one of the hecklers.

He's a budding stand-up comic, and the "documentary" looks like being very much in the s******ing comedy vein.

Comment

If this is such a non-story, why is the Labour ex-MP (restanding in a marginal seat) agreeing that it is a disgrace?

Take your rose (or should that be LibDem-bird) tinted specs off...
                Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by *End Is Forever*
                  If this is such a non-story, why is the Labour ex-MP (restanding in a marginal seat) agreeing that it is a disgrace?

Take your rose (or should that be LibDem-bird) tinted specs off...
                  I'm a Labour voter, Iain. And, unless the Hutton enquiry has slipped your mind, you'll know that Labour are convinced the BBC is biased against them too.

In fact, every government since about 1950 has been convinced the BBC has been biased against them. Personally speaking, I think that's a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
                    I've just found the blog of one of the hecklers.

He's a budding stand-up comic, and the "documentary" looks like being very much in the s******ing comedy vein.
                    Correction. "He" is actually "She", and I misread the comedy bit. There's no evidence of her being a comic, budding or otherwise.

She's a student, so there's even less reason to take her seriously.

Comment

Anyway, I've just posted a comment on the blog asking if she thinks there was complicity from BBC news. This should be interesting....

Comment

Re: Re: Proof that the BBC is not a legitimate news organization

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

You always have to go the extra mile and ruin a potentially valid point, don't you?

The NYT may have had its scandal, but it's still one of the greatest news sources out there. You will find better, more accurate coverage of national and international news there than you will in any other American newspaper. There's nothing shameful about that.
                        This is Diss. You're taking him seriously?

Comment

this shouldn't really surprise anyone, the bbc isn't totally unbiased, just look at their pro-european stance...
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Yeah, as far as I've read they even did not take part in the "teh new pope is a Nazi" hysteria
                            Blah

Comment

yep, it's an outrage
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X