Boshko goes to Japan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do Osakans really have a funny accent?

No. The Tokyoites just say that to make them feel better about their uncultured dialect.

Anyone know of a good place to get lunch by Namba station?

You should hit one of the Dragon Ramen places in Namba. The closest one is right by Exit 14; just turn around when you hit street level and walk north for a block. It'll be on your right. Can't miss it, what with the dragon and all.

If you walk another block past that, you'll be on the Dotombori Arcade. Take a right and you'll find all the restaurants you could hope for.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      I'm tempted to recommend some things in Kyoto as the city is amazing and close to Osaka, but I'm not sure you'll have time for it with your schedule.
      Please do, as I'm hopefully heading to Kyoto this summer.

Comment

Quick picks: The best area of Kyoto is Higashiyama in the east. Kiyomizu-dera and Sanjusangendo are the best things in the southeast, along with Gion and/or Ponto-cho. Ginkakuji and Nanzenji are highlights in the northeast, along with the Tetsugaku no Michi (Philosopher's Path).

Kinkaku-ji is in the northwest and is possibly the most photogenic place in all of Japan. Ryoan-ji is close by with the most famous of all Zen rock gardens, but I have to say I was a little underwhelmed.

Nijo Castle in the west center of the city is interesting, although it should rank below the other sites if you can make a trip to Himeji.

Kawaramachi in the east center of the city is the hub for all of Kyoto's nightlife.

Buses are your best bet for getting around Kyoto (you can buy an all-you-can-ride day pass for 500 yen).

There's almost too much to see in Kyoto, but these are a good start.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I want to go to Japan and become Charisma Man!

Comment

I like this one more personally.

So true.....
            Attached Files
            Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I'm definetly pinning that one up at the office if I ever go back.

And the -40C thing is true!! And it works, dagnabit!!
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Working...
              X