• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a lot of numbers.

Comment

Summary: CD = ~100MB per 10 minutes
      DVD-Audio 2 channel = ~660MB per 10 minutes
      DVD-Audio 5.1 channel = ~1000MB per 10 minutes

That's why you gotta love WMA-Professional with 5.1-channel sound.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

because it has numbers?

Comment

Much smaller numbers.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Summary: CD = ~100MB per 10 minutes
            DVD-Audio 2 channel = ~660MB per 10 minutes
            DVD-Audio 5.1 channel = ~1000MB per 10 minutes
            Ouch... 5.1 channels are useless for music, though.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I disagree, some 5.1 channel mixes are pretty sweet. They add another dimension.

Comment

But they're rare.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Find an el cheapo case.
                  I may do that

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                    What did you get? I'll probably get Sennheiser PX-100s. I'll wait till I get to hear them. If I'm not happy with what I hear, I'll probably get Grados GR-60s. But the Grados are a bit expensive here and Canada and they're ugly.
                    Etymotic ER6 Noise Isolating earbuds. These will be my "active" headphones. They're normally $149, but I got them on sale for $89.

For home, I'm thinking about a set of Bose headphones. They're also $149, but i've tested them in the store and they sound really, really sweet.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Etymotic ER6 Noise Isolating earbuds. These will be my "active" headphones. They're normally $149, but I got them on sale for $89.
                      Nice. HeadRoom gave them a good review:

Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!

Comment

Check these out:

Find the best headphones, speakers and home audio. 365-day returns, free shipping over $100 and legendary customer service!

$900, molded to fit your own ears.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Nice. HeadRoom gave them a good review:

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?...tID=0020100100
                          They and the Bose ones I want are both among the top headphone reviews on CNET, too.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

But why two headphones? You could also use the ER6 at home. The Bose probably doesn't sound better anyway. Unless you want something more comfortable than in-ear headphones .

Comment

But why two headphones? You could also use the ER6 at home. The Bose probably doesn't sound better anyway. Unless you want something more comfortable than in-ear headphones .
                              Bingo. I don't find in-ear phones very comfortable, but they're best for being active. The Bose I will use to sit at home and listen to music, either from the stereo or on the PC.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

There's a difference between a song ripped in AAC @16 kbps and the same song ripped in AAC @224 kbps. Granted, it's all digital, but one of them sounds like crap. I'll let you guess which one
                                Um, you are not talking about ripping, you are talking about encoding. Ripping is making a copy of a sound track off a CD as a .wav file. Encoding is converting a .wav file into another format ( .mp3, etc.).
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X