No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy myself a bigger computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah ever since they fired that pot smoking guy, they suck.

Comment

Boris, how is your digitizing doing?

I suggest you try Exact Audio Copy for the purest .wav rips.
      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Real men build it themselves.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
          Boris, how is your digitizing doing?

It goes slowly, FB. Haven't had much time to rip stuff lately.

.wav files are too big. I only have 40 gb.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

On the plus side, I just ordered some kick-ass headphones for the Zen and got a pretty sweet deal. Booyah!
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

It goes slowly, FB. Haven't had much time to rip stuff lately.

I'm not the expert to be talking about that, but from what I've read, most "pure" wav rips are just 92-95% accurate. EAC is a freeware tool that rips slower but gets accuracy close to 100%.

From then, you can get the better rips and convert them in whatever format you wish. Since it's free anyway, you might as well give it a go and see if you can hear the difference? (Personally I sure don't... )
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Hope you're kidding.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

On the plus side, I just ordered some kick-ass headphones for the Zen and got a pretty sweet deal. Booyah!
                  What did you get? I'll probably get Sennheiser PX-100s. I'll wait till I get to hear them. If I'm not happy with what I hear, I'll probably get Grados GR-60s. But the Grados are a bit expensive here and Canada and they're ugly.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Az

Had it remained, noone would think of developing the subject more, since it would be considered too obvious, and lame.
                    Oh come on, this is Apolyton.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                      Getting that power switch out of there looks to be a *****.
                      Find an el cheapo case.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                        It doesn't matter. It's all digital.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It doesn't matter. It's all digital.
                          There's a difference between a song ripped in AAC @16 kbps and the same song ripped in AAC @224 kbps. Granted, it's all digital, but one of them sounds like crap. I'll let you guess which one

Comment

UR needs to read up on the definition of lossiness.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

As anybody here tried to rip SACD's or DVD-audio's? Are they a lot bigger than CD's? For example, if you rip a 10 minutes song from a standard CD in WAV, you get a 100 MB file. How much bigger would it be if you ripped it from a SACD or a DVD-Audio?

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                                As anybody here tried to rip SACD's or DVD-audio's? Are they a lot bigger than CD's? For example, if you rip a 10 minutes song from a standard CD in WAV, you get a 100 MB file. How much bigger would it be if you ripped it from a SACD or a DVD-Audio?
                                Calculate it.

CD is 16-bits @ 44,100Hz per channel = 705600 bits per second = 689 Kbits/sec x 2 channels = 1411 Kbits/sec

DVD-Audio (5.1) is 24-bits @ 96,000Hz per channel= 2304000 bits per second = 2304 Kbits/sec x 6 channels = 13824 Kbits/sec

DVD-Audio (2 channel) is 24-bits @ 192,000Hz per channel = 4608000 bits per second = 4608 Kbits/sec x 2 channels = 9216 Kbits/sec

So!

A 10 minute .wav = 600 second .wav

600 seconds of CD-quality = 846720000 bits = 105840000 bytes = 103359 Kbytes = 100.9MB

600 seconds of 5.1 channel DVD-Audio = 8294400000 bits = 1036800000 bytes = 1012500 Kbytes = 988.8MB

600 seconds of 2 channel DVD-Audio = 5529600000 bits = 691200000 bytes = 675000 Kbytes = 659.2MB
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X