Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form to Email (but as HTML)

That's it. I'm at desperate point now.

Somehow I have got to maintain the html format of a form page and have it emailed to an email address.

Yes I know its bad to send html webpages to email addresses, but in this case its okay because we know who the email is going to.

Our server does not support PHP.

It does support ASP however.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of a script or anything??

And yes I have been everywhere.
    aspin
    asp101
    webdev
    codingforum
    hotscripts
    scripts
    etc etc
    be free

I could send you a couple of pdf books.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

icedan at gmail . com

I'm desperate
      be free

Comment

I don't know ASP, but can't you have it send a file as an e-mail attachment?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Of course, if you are willing to require that the sender have a properly configured email client, you can just do this:
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

If the email must be in HTML format, format it on the ASP side and append whatever noise you need around the actual content. Save an HTML email message to a file and open it with a text editor to figure out what you need to do.

Comment

actually we are the user end, so all I need to do is get the email sent as html

and believe me, I have tried all those google combinations and about 100 more.
              be free

Comment

An HTML email is just a plain-text email with a bunch of hidden crap added. Reverse-engineer the source code of an existing HTML email, and add that crap in ASP.

Comment

What about adding your HTML code and then sending it encoded as text/html (i.e. set the enctype attribute on the form to text/html)? Would that work?
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

St Leo. I'm not proficient in ASP, so I'm trying to find an easier route for now until I have grasped more ASP knowledge.

Mercator, I was thinking of trying that, but it feels too easy to work. But, *sigh* I will give it a try..
                    be free

Comment

Does your server support CGI/Perl? There are some formmail scripts that run on CGI/Perl.

Comment

Working...
                      X