Remembering Oklahoma City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering Oklahoma City

It was 10 years ago today that a massive truck bomb was set off in front of the Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people. The terror attack forever altered the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of others.

I hope in the 10 years since, the ones who were most directly affected, the wounded and the families of the victims, have somehow found ways of coping with their loss, and managed to gradually move on with their lives.

But understanding or even trying to explain why this had to happen is a different matter, as with all acts of terror.

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

rip

I'm not saying he had justification, but the goverment needs to think twice about using excessive force with its law agencies. Waco wasn't too bad, but Ruby Ridge was just a travesty.

Comment

So incredibly sad. And the poor children who died.

So many mass killers are just wacked out nut jobs like Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer. They need to be locked up forever to protect the rest of us, but they're not evil -- they're just crazy.

But in Oklahoma City, there was a conscious, rational decision to murder scores and scores of innocent people for a "higher purpose". That is true evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
            rip

I'm not saying he had justification, but the goverment needs to think twice about using excessive force with its law agencies. Waco wasn't too bad, but Ruby Ridge was just a travesty.
            Eh. Those people were resisting arrest. We should crush those nuts in one final blow.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Let's not forget they WERE in Oklahoma. I'd take death over that existence any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Eh. Those people were resisting arrest. We should crush those nuts in one final blow.
                not Ruby Ridge. The cops fired first (true it was at a dog, but there was no reason to kill the dog)

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

not Ruby Ridge. The cops fired first (true it was at a dog, but there was no reason to kill the dog)
                  Those people were nuts. It was all their fault.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Do some of you guys believe that what happened at ruby ridge was ok?? For gods sake they were a white supermisct group making an army. Whos to say who else would have died had they succeded in doing this. Tim mcveigh was a ****ing moron. The folks in waco had been given many opportunties to come out and talk. The idot koresh is responsible for their deaths.
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

They weren't making an army. They were just a family. The cops shot the dog. In then a firefight ensued, and the U.S. Marshall shot the guys son.

And then FBI snipers just starting picking people off. Including a woman holding a baby.

That's a gross abuse of power. Maybe you guys want to live in a police state, but I don't.

They weren't building an army. They just happened to be members of the aryan nations. Actually they may have not been members, but they did attend a meeting.

Their only crime was selling the FBI 2 shotguns illegally. And he missed the court date because of an incorrect date on the summons.

They weren't building an army, and Weaver was acquitted on all but one charge.

from wikipedia:

Weaver was acquitted of all charges except missing his original court date

Comment

that is bull**** and you know it. What they were doing was not right. gun toting men offing to go and kill all the blacks and mexicans
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Maybe we could all agree on remembering the victims of Oklahoma City, then.

Comment

This is also the anniversery of the fire at Waco and Hitler's birthday. Both of these were reasons McVey and friends picked this day to strike.

I remember this morning well. I was living in an apartment with Theben and Bunnygrrl, getting ready to go to the computer lab where I worked. I flipped on the tv for some reason, and there is was, a wreck of a building. My immediate thought was, "Crap, the white supremicists have escalated their terrorism."

At work, it was, of course, the talk all around, and everyone else is like, "Those damn Arabs! It was the Arabs! We gotta get them Arabs!" I'm like, "Why would the Arabs strike OKC? I doubt they even know where the city is. Besides, it's not high enough profile for them. They want internationally known targets, like DC and NYC, not some hick city in the middle of nowhere. It was the white supremicists." "No way! You are so wrong!" Even the news was quick to blame Arabs.

This is what comes of not knowing your own history or even your own country.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Now that you mention knowledge of history, the bombing was on the morning of 19 April, while Adolf Hitler's birthday is 20 April.

McVeigh.

Comment

Working...
                              X