Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Democrats throwing pies at opponents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, the Democrats would love for DeLay to stay Majority Leader for another two years, to hang the GOP with in the 2006 elections. It's the moderate Republicans that want him out. Personally, I don't want him indicted because that'd mean he'd have to come back to Texas.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
      Given his past violations, he shouldn't even be in a leadership position, especially for a party that likes to harp on moral values. The current charges are just icing on an already large cake.
      I have no disagreement on this. I wonder at time whether the Republicans have a death wish.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
        Actually, the Democrats would love for DeLay to stay Majority Leader for another two years, to hang the GOP with in the 2006 elections. It's the moderate Republicans that want him out. Personally, I don't want him indicted because that'd mean he'd have to come back to Texas.
        It's about time the Dems realized that in two years, voters aren't likely to give a damn about DeLay, except for his boys in Tejas who only care that Tom brings home enough bacon. Even if the voters cared, they're not going to hang the entire Republican party and embrace the drifting, amorphous, self-absorbed in their own rhetoric mess that is the Democratic party in response.

If the Dems want to actually do something other than embarass ourselves yet again in 2006, the party, from the leadership down, has got to focus on issues the majority of the American people give a fair damn about. That ain't likely to happen with a flash in the pan show-em-how-to-implode-and-go-down-in-flames-before-the-real-race-even-began no-hit wonder like Dean running the DNC. The Republicans have become a well-oiled machine able to goose-step in precision from one electoral victory to the next, and the Dems are still acting like high-strung elementary school girls having a sleepover.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• What the hell? This thread is suppose to be about pie!
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• So Ned do you prefer pie in a box lunch to in the face?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• It's about time the Dems realized that in two years, voters aren't likely to give a damn about DeLay, except for his boys in Tejas who only care that Tom brings home enough bacon. Even if the voters cared, they're not going to hang the entire Republican party and embrace the drifting, amorphous, self-absorbed in their own rhetoric mess that is the Democratic party in response.

If the Dems want to actually do something other than embarass ourselves yet again in 2006, the party, from the leadership down, has got to focus on issues the majority of the American people give a fair damn about. That ain't likely to happen with a flash in the pan show-em-how-to-implode-and-go-down-in-flames-before-the-real-race-even-began no-hit wonder like Dean running the DNC. The Republicans have become a well-oiled machine able to goose-step in precision from one electoral victory to the next, and the Dems are still acting like high-strung elementary school girls having a sleepover.

Part of the message is reform. Running on reform works - that was Newt and gang's strategy in '94 (the Contract With America was generally directed at government reform rather than policy). And DeLay's the perfect posterchild for corruption. Of course, that's not the entire message that the Dems need, but it's an important part.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

• What pisses me off is that I know the dems used their food stamps to make those pies in the first place!

Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo

It's about time the Dems realized that in two years, voters aren't likely to give a damn about DeLay, except for his boys in Tejas who only care that Tom brings home enough bacon. Even if the voters cared, they're not going to hang the entire Republican party and embrace the drifting, amorphous, self-absorbed in their own rhetoric mess that is the Democratic party in response.

Part of the message is reform. Running on reform works - that was Newt and gang's strategy in '94 (the Contract With America was generally directed at government reform rather than policy). And DeLay's the perfect posterchild for corruption. Of course, that's not the entire message that the Dems need, but it's an important part.
                  The problem with that (other than borrowing tired old strategy) is that the '94 strategy played off of years of propagandizing the Dems as nothing but tax and spend liberals who were weak on defense (with a lot of help from herds of Dems who played Steppin Fechit to that stereotype).

The Dems have nothing like the talk radio and blog machine and something like a Rove to create a focused, forceful message that resonates with someone other than the DNC and their faithful lackeys that drives a perceived need to reform. "Reform" coming from the Dems any time within the next decade is going to go nowhere with the electorate at large, so the Dems need to focus seriously on reinventing themselves from a policy standpoint, and to run on policy.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Here is Ann Coulter's column on this.
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                      I suppose it won't surprise anyone that Ned is totally wrong yet again. CNN is reporting that the guy who spit on Jane Fonda was a Vietnam War vet who didn't like her anti-war position and her trips to North Vietnam.

I suppose in Ned's world he just had to be a commie or some type of evil leftist because. . .
                      Uhm, I thought Ned was joking. Lighten up, dude.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                        The Dems have nothing like the talk radio and blog machine and something like a Rove to create a focused, forceful message that resonates with someone other than the DNC and their faithful lackeys that drives a perceived need to reform. "Reform" coming from the Dems any time within the next decade is going to go nowhere with the electorate at large, so the Dems need to focus seriously on reinventing themselves from a policy standpoint, and to run on policy.
                        Which is why the likes of a Soros funded think tank machine to combat the CATO institute and heritage foundation will pay long term dividends. Unfortunately for Dems the immediacy of simply being obstructionist without offering valid counter propositions IMO will not play well with the voters. It will be interesting to see if the reformation can outpace the decline thanks in large part to the current boobs in office. Their only hope is that the current party in power is even more incompetant. A terrible indictment on our system when all everyone hopes for is the incomeptenace of the respective opposing parties.

All those negative vibes man.
                        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                        X