No announcement yet.

Working Out whilst sick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's just a cold there's little you can do to speed it on it's way, so why not do what you can within reason to keep up your conditioning? Cut your routine by 50%. If you get tired stop. Mind you I'm not talking about doing this while you're suffering from gastroenteritis.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

That would make a mess at the gym.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

If it's just a common cold as you suggested, don't let it slow you down. If the cold has you knocked down just decrease weight, reps, etc. Do a light workout to sustain your routine.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I like Doc Strangelove's advice.

I would also start drinking as much water as you possibly can. It doesn't matter if you gotta piss every 15 minutes, drink, drink, drink.

Also get some Cold-Eze lozenges, they have zinc in them which PWNZ colds. Also get some orange juice in if you can. If you're worried about the additional sugar intake, drink it before your workout, so you burn it off, but MAKE SURE TO DRINK LOTS OF WATER.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Or you could just skip the excersize and smoke large quantities of crystal meth. You will ose plenty of weight but I'm not sure you will look great.

Comment

Hey Oerdin I saw a blurb on the news that some drug store is going to lock up some cold remedies because people were buying them to make crystal meth with.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Its ok to work out when sick, but not excessively...do half your cardio. It will allow the muscles to maintain a certain level of upkeep while not making you overexert yourself.

Oh, and in defense of Asher: As anyone who can read will see, PH started it, and Asher was defending himself. He shouldn't have replied, but I can't fault him for that.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Making crystal meth with cold medicine? Wow, I would never have guessed that one was possible. Why not just drive done to Mexico and buy the real chemicals like every other two bit meth cooker? It's not like it's difficult to get across our wide open borders.
                  Last edited by Dinner; April 19, 2005, 02:32.

Comment

Yeah, looks like the chemical they use is psuedophedrine

(The main ingredient in Sudafed, I didn't realize that's where they got the name from).

I just saw the news story, the retailer is Target, now you are going to have to ask a pharmacist for it

Comment

What, crystal meth?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ted, codeine is the same, it is amazing how closely it looks like heroin...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X