Where are all the black people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all the black people?

I've found out that the "W" on the Washington Nationals baseball cap stands for "Whitey."

DC has a majority black population, but they sure didn't go to the game today. It was like a segregation-era golf club.

Don't black people watch baseball anymore?

Good crowd on hand. In comparison to Baltimore, it's a lot more white collar. RFK is a lot better ballpark than I thought it would be, even though it's really old. Few home runs, lots of doubles. I got the $10 upper level outfield seats and they were pretty good. I could have done the $7 seats and been happy too.

They really need to get the concessions sorted, on the other hand. Less Miller Light, more Foggy Bottom Ale. More sausage, less hot dogs.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Maybe they're watching the Wizards instead.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Blacks don't go to baseball anymore. I saw a blurb about it on the news the other night. A black guy was trying to start a bunch of inner city black kids playing the game in order to bring blacks back to the game. I guess not many new players are black these days either according to what was being said. Don't know why.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

the rapture happened...

Jon Miller
        (who doesn't beleive in the rapture)
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
          Maybe they're watching the Wizards instead.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I didn't think of the home Wizards game going on at the same time. That must have been at least part of it.

Still, the game was pretty well attended. There was a crowd of about 35k, I guess.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I meant they save their time and money for the Wizards games, instead of attending baseball games.
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I was gonna post a pic of the Wizards dance team, but after seeing the Miami Heat dance team, every other team looks amateurish in comparison.

Miami Heat dance team.

Comment

The Wizards are doing really well this year.

Comment

The are a team with a load of deep talent, and the neat thing is I bet they are the youngest team in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                      I bet they are the youngest team in the NBA.
                      You would lose that bet... the Bulls are younger
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Baby Bulls!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                          The Wizards are doing really well this year.
                          Almost enough to get me to watch them on tv
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I've found out that the "W" on the Washington Nationals baseball cap stands for "Whitey."
                            WHitey was a Yankee.. most career wins
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

In San Francisco there seems to be a racial break down between the various sports teams. The SF Giants tends to have white collar fans (mostly white & Asian) who are into the wine and cheese ethos while the Oakland A's tend to attract a black & Hispanic fan base who are more blue collar. Same sort of thing happens with the football teams too.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X