April 15, It's Tax Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    It's not just my income, it includes my wife's since we file jointly. And I'm sure once most of you reach the age we're at, you too will also have an equally sizeable tax liability. Of course by then inflation will mean your's will be twice that then.
    I'm pretty sure the average houshold income in the US is still less than $50,000 per year.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
      Yeah. Didn't file once in college a year after earning $25,000. Got a letter from the IRS in November telling me that I didn't file and that my estimated penalty was $78
      Maybe they thought you owed money?

BTW, anyone know what the statute of limitations on not filing a return when you owe money is?
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It is. ~$43,000, I think.

Edit: Reply to pchang.

Comment

Re: April 15, It's Tax Day!

Originally posted by Odin
          If you haven's sent your tax returns in you still have until midnight tonight. Fortunately, I sent mine in 2 months ago. I am getting PO'ed at the rediculous number of deductions and credits, there are so many that it seems every little special intrest has thier own deduction, distroying the whole purpose of deductions because eveyone has a special deduction made just for them.
          ]

I'm pissed because I don't have a deduction made for me

We need a deduction for single nerds who can't find a girlfriend/wife to bear their children.

Those of us here should band together and lobby congress. .

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Maybe they thought you owed money?

BTW, anyone know what the statute of limitations on not filing a return when you owe money is?
            Possibly. Like I said, I just filed, paid, and that was that. I have no desire to have the IRS on my ass - if they say I owe a measly $78, I'll pay.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              My federal tax bill was around $32,000.
              But we did get about 1500 back.
              you must be rich. How about helping out the less fortunate poly memebers?

Comment

Average household income in Santa Clara (silicon valley) is about $70,000 per year. This is directly correlated to our cost of living being significantly higher than elsewhere. It is a really good example of gold rush economics.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Looks like Rah Co. earned about $150,000 in taxable income last year.

Comment

Not bad for being a professional pos(t)er...
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm sure Rah realized we could do the back calculation, but I'm not sure he planned to make it that explicit....

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                        I'm sure Rah realized we could do the back calculation, but I'm not sure he planned to make it that explicit....
                        That's alright, I've done it to him before. He didn't ban me then, either.

Comment

Re: Re: April 15, It's Tax Day!

Originally posted by Dissident
                          I'm pissed because I don't have a deduction made for me

We need a deduction for single nerds who can't find a girlfriend/wife to bear their children.
                          You don't need one.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I wonder if that makes him Poly's biggest bread winner?
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

No.

Comment

We have doctors on the boards who probably make more than him.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X