No announcement yet.

Why San Antonio is the coolest city ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supposedly the most attractive was Concepcion which was most certainly more detailed then the others.
    Attached Files
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

did you never go to mission espada and the aquaduct?
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

We had 21 Spanish era Missions in California built between 1769-1823 though most all but three were built by the end of the 1790's. That means the Spanish Missions in Texas are 30-40 year older on average. The oldest was Mission San Diego de Alcala built in 1769 and named a Basilica by Pope Paul VI in 1976. Here's a undated picture from the 1860's or 1870's.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
          did you never go to mission espada and the aquaduct?
          I went to San Juan and the Alamo and didn't get to see the other three. The Spanish did love water control systems though and they built a ton of aquaducts and irrigation systems where ever they went.

Comment

One of the larger and more prosperous Missions was Mission Santa Barbara located in the hills over looking where the city of Santa Barbara is now located. This photo is cicula 1915 and shows the front door but it doesn't show the huge complex that was this largest of the California Missions. With 20,000 cattle and as many goats, sheep, pigs, and god knows what else it was wealthy and the largest producer of wine in North America. This is a nice well preserved Mission which has a lot of original artwork on the inside due to thie Mission's wealth.
            Attached Files

Comment

Mission Santa Cruz had some very nice spires. Picture circula 1900.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                Huh?

It's slightly reminiscent of what Toronto would look like if it were a small town, except that there is too much sunlight.
                never too much sunlight

Comment

Why San Antonio is the coolest city ever

Tell he is not from Texas

Comment

Re: Why San Antonio is the coolest city ever

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                    As promised, many have accused me of wanting to make my home country more like the united states.

My only puzzlement is that such an argument is construed to be an insult.

Surely, cities like this show the truth, that Canada would be better off if it were more like the US.

You feel that Canada needs more parking lots?
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Wait... there's a difference between Canada and the United States?
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

No. It's just a big scam we Yanks have been running so we can feel safe travelling around Europe with our "Canadian flag" patches on...
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I too am a little curious as to what's special about that picture, or San Antonio as a whole. I've heard it's a decent city, but nothing amazing.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

But he said it is teh coolest.
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              Yeah one of them has the picture of some funny old woman in their post offices and the rest of us don't.

Comment

Cities blow chunks

Give me the unspoiled ocean vistas or the great snowcapped mountains.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X