No announcement yet.

US Army maximum age raised to 39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw a lot of US armed forces TV in Korea and it seemed like a pretty damn good career to me - they look after their people pretty well all things considered - especially if you were poor, the armed forces is gonna lift you up, improve your life, give you some goals, help you get qualifications, 3 square meals, a roof over your head, free medical care, lots of travel. It was a like a big family. You could tell a lot of people loved being part of it. They were even helping people do their tax returns.

Plus, you get to shoot at things and blow them up.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: US Army maximum age raised to 39

Originally posted by Lancer
      Signing bunus raised to $20,000 and $70,000 for college.

Man, when they raise it to 49 and start accepting diabetics, I'm BACK!
      lol..

I got out 5 Feb 79

ugh.. they may need to increase the clothing allowance as well fer some of us that had not quite kept up with PFT minimum requirements
      Im 45 now and well would reinlist if my country needed me to defend its sovereign soil sovereign not afghanis-Iraqisttan or whatever
      Attached Files
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If they can pass the requirments for the position, why not let them join?
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
          I saw a lot of US armed forces TV in Korea and it seemed like a pretty damn good career to me - they look after their people pretty well all things considered - especially if you were poor, the armed forces is gonna lift you up, improve your life, give you some goals, help you get qualifications, 3 square meals, a roof over your head, free medical care, lots of travel. It was a like a big family. You could tell a lot of people loved being part of it. They were even helping people do their tax returns.

Plus, you get to shoot at things and blow them up.
          AH when I was in it was decent <<<<<<<<<<26 years ago but still you got something and had to give something

me I work outside and on board base for the largest Amphibious Training Base in the World and home to the USMC-Camp Lejeune North Carolina

I see reservists coming and then going

my point is in mid-to-late 70's we had Mother Russia as the so called aggressor

now when you enlist you have a very probable chance of seeing combat

I hear military people gripe about having to lay their lives on the line..

HINT:
          Thats what your suppossed to do with training!

Military life isnt bad and yes like you said lots of benefits...

but right now you have to lay it out on the line

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
            If they can pass the requirments for the position, why not let them join?
            i agree as long as they pass and maintain minimum requirements

Comment

yeah I saw a lot of Korea based units going off to Iraq - sooner or later you have to pay the piper
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
              X