US Army maximum age raised to 39

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Army maximum age raised to 39

Signing bunus raised to $20,000 and $70,000 for college.

Man, when they raise it to 49 and start accepting diabetics, I'm BACK!
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

@ US military. How pitiful?!
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I thought they'll only use those little robots in the future, so why do they need that much human soldiers....
      Blah

Comment

Meh, they need human brains to use those 'bots.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
          I thought they'll only use those little robots in the future, so why do they need that much human soldiers....
          Fodder. Robots are too expensive to put directly in the line of fire.

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Little robots need some target practice as well...

Com'on guys who can come up with the best answer!

Comment

Well hey, if I get into shape . . .
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

By that time you're 40

Comment

You are an infrantry commander. Which would you rather have in your company, a 40 year old male private or a 20 year old girl, when the enemy is coming in a human wave attack?
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                    You are an infrantry commander. Which would you rather have in your company, a 40 year old male private or a 20 year old girl, when the enemy is coming in a human wave attack?
                    Which ever one is most likely to keep cool under pressure and perform their job.

Honestly Ned, juvenile sexism? We expected more from you.
                    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

hush. It's called positive re-enforcement.
                      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I still think those little robots would save the day.
                        Blah

Comment

Ned, it depends. First of all when we're discussing 40 year old male private's, I assume, well, yes of course. Anyway, it depends on the strength of the human wave attack. You know, I'm a realist, which makes me a sexist I suppose. I believe that girls are good at what girls are good at and guys are good at what guys are good at and guys are going to be generally better at slaughtering onrushing humans bent on killing me. (Nothing much for us guys to be too proud of really) So I'd take the 40 yr old guy. On the other hand, if the attack were so strong that it couldn't possibly be repulsed, the 20 yr old girl might make my last few minutes more pleasant, and I'd take the 20 year old girl...as many times as I could.

Comment

http://www.goarmy.com/JobCatList.do?fw=careerindex :
                            General qualifications:
                            * U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
                            * 17-34 years old (17-39 years old for Army Reserve)
                            * Healthy and in good physical condition
                            * In good moral standing
                            * High School or Equivalent Education
                            http://www.marines.com/enlisted_marines/faqs.asp :
                            Q: I currently live outside the US. My address information cannot be entered into the registration fields on the Web site. Can I still join the Marines?
                            A: If you are a United States citizen or Resident Alien and meet other eligibility requirements, you can join the Marines. Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consulate for more information.
                            What's the legal definition of 'resident alien' within the US?

Comment

I think it means you have to have a green card.

Comment

Working...
                              X