Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...favor football

Comment

• One might wonder what's up with Italy these days....

Comment

• Originally posted by Atahualpa
        One might wonder what's up with Italy these days....

Berlusconi is in power ?
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
          Then how would you generalize the differences between the parties? You can't say they're exactly the same. It's clear one is pro-business while the other leans towards the common man. That is the main philosophical difference in a nut shell. You know, I know, JohnT knows it.
          No, it's one of the perceived philosophical differences between the two parties. Imran knows it, I know it, Che knows it, Ming knows it, but you apparently don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT

Imran knows it, I know it, Che knows it, Ming knows it, but you apparently don't.

Mmm, you could start up a band, call yourselves 'The True Perceivers'.

Who gets to be grouchy lead guitarist who attacks the amps ?
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Frankychan
              They fail to mention that the cost of living here only adds to the burden. High taxes, high COL.....ah, it might be paradise but it's expensive as a mofo to live here.
              You forget to mention that, to balance out the high cost of living, Hawaiian employers pay lower salaries.

Comment

• Republicans are for big business, but so are Democrats.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• and thus the problem with the current state of politics.
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Neither party favors the little man, both favor thier client special intrest groups over the common person. The Democrats used to be for the little man to some extent when the unions were powerful, but that ended when the DLC took control of the party and turned it into Republican-lite.

Comment

• Comrade Don Camillo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Then how would you generalize the differences between the parties?
                        The GOP wants to deregulate business and regulate personal behavior.

The DP wants to regulate business and deregulate personal behavior.

Both like handing money to big business.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
                          Republicans are for big business, but so are Democrats.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• That's right, there were a couple of scandals forty or fifty years ago, weren't there. I compliment you on your great memory.

Um no. There are unions that steal pension money to this day. The government just brough suit agains the IUIIW for doing that to their workers.

Unions need a vote before they can spend money.

And when the big say to vote one way... it gets done. You think Hoffa with the Teamsters didn't get his way when he wanted? Come on!

I'm trying to figure how how the Teachers' Union is a front for the mob.

Ever hear of the Teamsters?

Yeah, I hear people all the time complaining about those blasted overpaid school teachers. BTW: "reform" of what?!? Teachers are some of the hardest working, most underpaid professions around.

Any reform! Such as firing bad teachers. Test teachers so they know what they are teaching. The states that have given teachers the same test they give kids find that the kids do better on them! How is that acceptable? Tenure has ruined education in this country and the Teachers Union won't give it up.

We spend how much for education? And we get less than proper value.

Laying of American in order to export their jobs to countries like Haiti with child labor or to China with prison labor benefits the common man...how again?

The consumer gets cheaper goods and better goods. Tariffs eventually destroyed cities like Flint and Detroit, when people were willing to pay thousands more for better cars. The American auto industry is just recovering. Because of tariffs we got deathtraps like the Ford Pinto.

Remind me again of how the common man benefitted from Enron, Worldcom, Adelphia, Lincoln Savings & Loan, etc.?

Remind me how they benefit from the Teachers' Unions blocking any reform of the system so that their kids don't get the education they deserve? Remind me how they benefit from peace of **** cars protected by high tariffs? Remind me how they benefit from jacking up the prices of better foriegn goods?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• The problem isn't the US' education system; it's that Americans are stupid and lazy.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Just because the teacher's unions are scummy, doesn't mean all unions are bad, BAM.

Comment

Working...
                                X