Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parenting groups against a vaccine for STDs - "It will allow kids to have more sex!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i knew i didnt trust him for some reason. i never trust anyone that hasnt had sex
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
      MRT - when my girlfriend had a bad flu, did that stop me from anything
      dude, when i had mononucleosis that didnt stop me
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

When I looked up mononucleosis, I also checked out some herpes vocabulary. Before that I just thought what the heck is that dude talking about, 40% of the population have herpes in them! Now I know what herpes simplex REALLY is .

Comment

i have simplex 1 and 4

go me!

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            Uhm... has anyone ever decided to abstain from sex because of the odd chance of cervical cancer? Really?

Yes, I have frequently. However, god must clearly love me, as I have never developed it despite all the sex I've had.

Of course cervical cancer could just be god's way of saying ' buy your ice cream from Mr Fellatio's van....'
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

To be fair, it says most parents are in favour of the vaccine.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The problem wiht this statement is, that clearly they have scared their own kids from having sex, because of the STDs. That's definitely the right way to destroy someones healthy sexuality and turn them into pervs, or oppressed nude body haters. Because, they think sex is bad. And they scare the kids saying they WILL get STDs, instead of instructing them on how to protect yourself. So, it's pretty sick. And maybe they shouldn't teach anyone anything, clearly they didn't work out how to use condom either.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

They're a "parenting" group, and they say they want kids having less sex? Odd. Most groups try to encourage moves that will swell their own ranks...

Stupid jokes aside, I have nothing to say, really. "Fundamentalists are irrational!" No, really? What are bears doing in the woods these days?
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Pekka: Teach, what are you thinking? Where would society be if we educated people instead of scaring and intimidating them.
                    Really, better think before you open the mouth.
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Heh, true, but sometimes you scare them off, sometimes you don't. When it coems to sexuality, you tell me what is the benefit of screwing someones head into thinking nudity, genitalia etc is forbidden, taboo, ugly or something that should be your matter. I once heard, that someone was ashamed of himself naked. I mean that's ok, fairly common that you think you're not perfect, but that the person was ashamed of himself even when he was alone! wouldn't get naked alone either! How screwed up is that? You have to be really messed up.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You know, there are plenty more STDs where that came from. The vaccine doesn't do a thing for gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, lymphogranuloma venerium, chancroid, herpes genitalis or HIV. So why shgould this group obsess over one?
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Heh, true, but sometimes you scare them off, sometimes you don't. When it coems to sexuality, you tell me what is the benefit of screwing someones head into thinking nudity, genitalia etc is forbidden, taboo, ugly or something that should be your matter. I once heard, that someone was ashamed of himself naked. I mean that's ok, fairly common that you think you're not perfect, but that the person was ashamed of himself even when he was alone! wouldn't get naked alone either! How screwed up is that? You have to be really messed up.
                          This kind of shame is lamentably not so uncommon as we'd like to think.
                          And I was more making a joke about the education bit. Of course it's better to educate people, helping them to acquire a more autonomous thinking. But lamentably, this is only an ideal and fear and force the only ways to assure discipline. (I'm currently reading a book about anarchists in the Spanish Civil War, and it's very funny how even fervent leaders of the movement at some point argued for militarization and hierarchical systems to improve the discipline grassroots-militias...)
                          Or, as Xenophanes put it, "If we all were philosophers, we'd need no gods", meaning religion as a tool for social discipline.
                          But I'm not really a pragmatist but idealist, so let's educate people, let them no longer be slaves of a ruling caste.
                          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                            What makes me angry is that some parents would rather have uncured diseases so they could continue threaten their children not to have sex.
                            More proof that conservative christians are evil people.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                              You know, there are plenty more STDs where that came from. The vaccine doesn't do a thing for gonorrhea, chlamydia, trichomonas, lymphogranuloma venerium, chancroid, herpes genitalis or HIV. So why shgould this group obsess over one?
                              It just goes to show what the fundies will say should such cures come along in the future. If they complain about these, I can't wait to see what they would say should someone find a vaccine for HIV.

By their logic, I suppose we should complain about doctors performing spinal surgeries, as it will encourage kids to go out and ride motorcycles and possibly get injured.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

responsible parents
                                secularist opposition

Comment

Working...
                                X