Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parenting groups against a vaccine for STDs - "It will allow kids to have more sex!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merck vaccine shown to block cervical cancer, genital warts

An enhanced version of an experimental vaccine against human papillomavirus was 90% effective in blocking four types of the sexually transmitted disease, according to a study published Wednesday. Merck's Gardasil was designed to block HPV types 16 and 18, which cause about 70% of cervical cancer cases, and types 6 and 11, responsible for about 90% of genital wart cases.

"It's the first time we show efficacy for the most broad-coverage vaccine in development," says Eliav Barr, who runs Merck's HPV vaccine development program. Since most HPV infections clear on their own, vaccine developers are focusing on those types that cause persistent or long-term infection, said Barr.

My sister was working on that.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Just noticed the double vomitus.

Mad props
      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Un****ingbelievable.

God bless America, and **** the *******s in charge.

I'm just speechless, dumbstruck, confounded. What the **** is wrong with these people?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
        X