No announcement yet.

Mugabe at Papal funeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There seems to be little hope for most of Africa without major divine intervention. But then most of the world, with the possible exception of parts of the Americas, will turn out the same way eventually. I suppose African Americans are oppressed simply because and as long as the POTUS is white? Thinking that only a member of one's own race can justly rule anyone of said race = as racist as anything. But The USA doesn't seem to be accomplishing enough in Iraq, so I guess any European power would be in basically the same position with any part of Africa. Maybe if Africa had always been isolated from the rest of the world, it would be doing all right. Every part of the world should model their government on the US Constitution. It's not working so great for us right now, but it's the best anyone can do. What's so great about wealth anyway? extreme poverty is no good, but the unhappiest people are the wealthiest. At least those murdered by dictators had a chance to be born. And as I see it if an evil person takes communion or whatever any religion calls it, it only damns them.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
      Every part of the world should model their government on the US Constitution.
      Our system's been working well enough for the past few centuries thank-you-very-much.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I'd rather model my governtment on the current German constitution (except for the part that violates the concept of freedom of association)
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Every part of the world should model their government on the US Constitution. It's not working so great for us right now, but it's the best anyone can do.
          Um, no and no.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I'd rather we were modeled more on the French government, myself. More choices for President and a proportional legislature.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

I'd rather we were modeled more on the French government, myself. More choices for President and a proportional legislature.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Then you'd give everyone in the Catholic world a causus belli against you.
                Much like when Italy took over the place.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Regarding whether the Zimbabwe would be better off as an EU colony, we don't want the place.

If recolonialization is the trick, I'd rather look to Pretoria than Brussels. And as long as Pretoria doesn't mind Mugabe's antics, nothing's gonna happen except from inside Zimbabwe.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    Much like when Italy took over the place.
                    It's an EU2 joke.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• It's best that the races stick to killing their own kind. Killing different color people is bad PR.
                      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Working...
                      X