No announcement yet.

The equal strengths of Star Wars and Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm far more interested in gaming and reference books than onscreen stuff, and anyway, Star Wars will likely continue on television shortly and I'm sure Trek will be back on screen eventually. And really, I think if I do give up SW and / or ST, I think it will be replaced by more constructive things, like history, linguistics, and genealogy, or maybe just Civ games.

B5 I'd have to do a lot of catching up for, would I not? I know they recap, but still it's all much more connected than Trek.

SF and Fantasy do mix, as much as I might hate to admit it.

Foundation: started on the first book long ago, didn't get far. Why can't they just publish the Encuclopedia Galactica instead of novels, or at least separate from? An official chronology book would be good, a star atlas...

How does wizards not mean fantasy?

I wonder what you think of Ender's Game.

I like the 2001 and 2010 movies and the 2061 book. Haven't read 3001 or Rama.

Back to the Future is good, and yes, I think of as SF before Comedy.

Comment

B5 PWNS, as does BSG. Stargåte ain't too shabby either. And Farscape is entertaining.

More scifi!!!

Save ENT!!!
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

They claimed Enterprise wouldn't do technobabble, but it did anyway.

Comment

There... Are... FOUR... Lights!
          "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
            hmmmm
            anybody else ever wonder why Chewbacca doesn't have a penis?

Comment

I like technobabble.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

anybody else ever wonder why Chewbacca doesn't have a penis?
                He's a she. You should see what male wookies are like. They won't even let them leave their own planet.
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Star Trek TNG> Star Wars

At least Star Trek is interesting...

IMO, A New Hope was great and Empire Strikes Back was awesome. I thought Jedi sucked (stupid Ewoks), and the series has gone down hill from there. I do have some hope for the upcoming Star Wars movie, though. If done correctly, it's dark tone could bring it to the level of ESB. Unfortunately, if the last two movies are any indication, Lucas won't be able to do it well. The guy who plays Anakin is terrible, and did much to ruin the last movie.
                  I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Maybe next time Lucas does some editing he'll replace Anakin. With DiCaprio? Not an improvement IMO.

Comment

he needs to replace himself with a competant director.

But it's too late. The film is already completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                        Maybe next time Lucas does some editing he'll replace Anakin. With DiCaprio? Not an improvement IMO.
                        Both of those guys are too skinny to be Darth Vader. Lucas should have casted a guy who was about 6 foot 3 and about 240 pounds for the Anakin role. After all, Vader was played by a 6'6"body builder in the first series.
                        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

not too many actors that large. except maybe Vin Diesal or the Rock. Of course, they couldn't be any worse than Hayden's acting.

Comment

SW completely ruined! Burn all copies of all six movies!

Comment

I'll give you one reason why star wars is inferior to star trek. Star trek has never had anything like this:

AUTOWIN88 adalah situs resmi bermain judi rolet online Indonesia. Daftar sekarang dan raih kemenangan besar dari game roulette bersama kami.

Comment

75 posts. Too bad my religion threads didn't last like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X