No announcement yet.

The equal strengths of Star Wars and Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

hmmmm
      Attached Files
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

i guess if you like sci-fi, then either are good examples of the genre.
        I'll go with StarWars>StarTrek, if you take out Episode1 and onwards from the equation. If you include it it's about evens.

StarTrek, in all its forms, i find more fun to watch then the endless soap opera's and reality tv shows.

StarWars in the origonal first trilogy, blew me away as a kid and i still find it fun to watch

All good stuff for our imaginations imho
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

StarWars in the origonal first trilogy, blew me away as a kid and i still find it fun to watch

It features a princess with what appear to be cinnamon danish pastries stuck to her head.

Not very inspiring if she falls asleep at the breakfast table....
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Star Wars is for everyone (so far), which is good. Star Trek is for not quite everyone. Enterprise is very questionable, DS9 and Voyager still questionable, but less so.

There are those who say no onscreen SF is good SF. There are novels.

Why Miss Bloom, if I didn't know better, I'd wonder if you're racist against Austrians...

Comment

Molly Bloom is a dude

and Enterprise was better tha DS9 and Voyager (but still not good enough to get me to watch)

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Actually I had gathered that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent

Why Miss Bloom, if I didn't know better, I'd wonder if you're racist against Austrians...

Uhhh.... 'Danish' pastries, an American actress portraying a woman born on another planet in the future and you arrive at Austrians ?

Beam him up, Scotty.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

It's a traditional Austrian hairdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent
                      It's a traditional Austrian hairdo.

Wearing cinnamon whirls ?

No wonder they were on the losing side in WWI .

Comment

Star Wars is NOT Science Fiction, it is a mythical story using robots and spaceships instead of the basic fantasy fare.

Star Trek began as Science Fiction, the main point of which is to explore basic ideas or controversies by introducing various hypotheticals- lets not forget the first ever interracial kiss on TV was on Star Trek.

Currently, Star Trek is very fluff sci fi, if anything thanks to the popularity of non-sci-fi fluff like SW.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I like StarWars.....but this is a little crazy? Ok if it had been 20 years ago i'd understand it more. But on the off chance that this last of the new trilogy will be a good film? Its recent pedigree isn't good
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

fictional robots and fictional spaceships are science fiction. Science Fiction is fictional science, not always scientific fiction. Star Wars is best labelled as space opera, but it is not incoorect to call it science fiction. The Force is fictional theological science. The politics of star wars are fictional political science. Just because they don't try to explain things scientifically, or just because they try not to, does not mean that aliens and alien worlds d o not make it science fiction. Star Wars is in some ways more scientifically sound than Star Trek.

Comment

The equal strengths of Star Wars and Star Trek

How geek is this thread....

LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!

Who's Stronger, Captain Kirk or Captain Picard!?!

Spec.
                              -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

B5 and (potentially) BSG blow both of them away...
                                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Working...
                                X