Sword Rampage at a Church in Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword Rampage at a Church in Germany

This would not have happenned if more people carried swords with them. I blame this squarely on the lack of sword proliferation in our society. The truth is that swords are extremely safe when operated by trained users. Sword ownership prevents sword attacks.

No, no! Swords don't kill people, sharpness kills people! If that sword had been blunt those poor victims wouldn't be dead or maimed.

We need sword sharpening control. Those bastards who make their living sharpening swords should be sued!
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
      Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!
      It was a church, so hey, it might have worked

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Amok comes from Indonesia, and entered our launguages when the government ran amok, slaughtering 500,000 Communists and suspected Communists and suspected Communist sympathyzers in 1965.
        In Indonesia or the US?

You know, Stalin killed a lot more than 500k commie sympathizers...

Comment

"I'm wearing boots of escaping!"

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Websters says
            Etymology: Malay amok
            : a murderous frenzy that occurs chiefly among Malays
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
              Websters says
              Etymology: Malay amok
              : a murderous frenzy that occurs chiefly among Malays
              Strange word. I can find a reference to the Philipines (it's in danish, sadly), but I remember vaugely it was used to describe the resisters against the US colonization of the isles.

Edit : Didn't like my url - dammit - replace the smiley with proper letters
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                There can be only one!

Holy ground.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Re: Sword Rampage at a Church in Germany

Originally posted by St Leo
                  This would not have happened if more people carried swords with them. I blame this squarely on the lack of sword proliferation in our society. The truth is that swords are extremely safe when operated by trained users. Sword ownership prevents sword attacks.
                  the comparision is specious, swords take quite a bit of skill to wield correctly, firearms to not. further, a 90 pound woman is in no way going to be able to fend off a 300 pound man with any sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

In Indonesia or the US?

In Indonesia, which is a much smaller country than the USSR was. And they were all executed, not starved.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

executed vs. Starved - not exactly a ringing endorsement
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Considering quite a few were executed as well. I don't understand the support for the double standard?
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Re: Re: Sword Rampage at a Church in Germany

Originally posted by Whoha

the comparision is specious, swords take quite a bit of skill to wield correctly, firearms to not. further, a 90 pound woman is in no way going to be able to fend off a 300 pound man with any sword.
                          Bullsh!t. Perhaps if the man is a trained martial artist and the woman is an anorexic novice the odds would be against her, but assuming that they are approximately evenly skilled, I'll take the skinny girl with the sword of her choice.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

Thanks for the lesson, as I often build words in English like I do in German.

Auf Englisch : 'the same way as I do or would' .

'Like I do' is non-standard, and would mark you out as a scion of the chav classes, and you're too charming to warrant that happening to you inadvertently.

chegitz- 'amok' first appeared in English in the 17th Century, via the Portuguese 'amouco' .

From the Malay, 'rushing frenziedly'.
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

In Indonesia or the US?

And this is relevant how...?
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Re: Sword Rampage at a Church in Germany

Originally posted by St Leo
                                This would not have happenned if more people carried swords with them. I blame this squarely on the lack of sword proliferation in our society. The truth is that swords are extremely safe when operated by trained users. Sword ownership prevents sword attacks.
                                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X