Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sword Rampage at a Church in Germany

'Bloodbath' at church in Germany

A man wielding a sword has killed a woman and injured at least three other people during a service at a church in southern Germany.

Police said they found "grisly" scenes, including severed limbs, at the scene of the attack in Stuttgart.

A 25-year-old suspect was overpowered by officers and arrested.

He is an ethnic Tamil, as were most of the congregation. Police say the attack was not politically motivated and was probably prompted by personal problems.

The man stormed into the church just before 1600 (1400 GMT) waving a sword before going on the rampage, according to eyewitnesses.

He killed a 43-year-old woman and seriously injured three other people, including one whose hand was hacked off, police said.

Police described the scene as a "bloodbath".

About 65 people - half of them children - are believed to have been in the church at the time.

Counselling has been offered to those who witnessed the attack.

Tamils are a predominantly Hindu minority in Sri Lanka and southern India.

The group regularly rented the Stuttgart church to hold its services.

This would not have happenned if more people carried swords with them. I blame this squarely on the lack of sword proliferation in our society. The truth is that swords are extremely safe when operated by trained users. Sword ownership prevents sword attacks.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

When swords are outlawed, only outlaws will have swords!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Swords don't cut people. People do.

You'll have to pry my sword from my cold lifeless (hacked off) hand.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

There can be only one!
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          When swords are outlawed, only outlaws will have swords!
          I didn't know they were outlawed. I have nine. They're a b***h to use all at once...
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

It happened in Stuttgart. I wonder if I know of that particular church...
            Edit: nah, it's in the Zuffenhausen district. I never go there.
            Last edited by Spiffor; April 4, 2005, 16:48.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

The Stuttgarter Zeitung calls him an Amok-runner, who killed with a Samurai's sword. I seem to remember there was precisely the same scenario in an English church a few years ago.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                  The Stuttgarter Zeitung calls him an Amok-runner, who killed with a Samurai's sword. I seem to remember there was precisely the same scenario in an English church a few years ago.
                  Ongoing english lesson:

he ran amok. English (in my experience) never refers to someone as an Amok runner. Amok, BTW, is a rare English word of Malayo-Polynesian origin, IIUC.

German lesson awaited.
                  "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

They call him an "Amokläufer", which literally means "Amok-runner" (from the same Malaysian origin, I'd say). Thanks for the lesson, as I often build words in English like I do in German.

Comment

Amok comes from Indonesia, and entered our launguages when the government ran amok, slaughtering 500,000 Communists and suspected Communists and suspected Communist sympathyzers in 1965.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        Dude, will you ever drop this one. It really scarred you for life, did it?

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Careful, you might get zapped...
                          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

hardly, I just watched that movie again, and laughed my ass off.
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

"I'm wearing boots of escaping!"
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X